Australia to get SciFi Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmilsom

I just saw on the TV, that Australia (or Melbourne at least) is getting a new Pay TV channel called SciFi channel, which will start transmission on 1 December this year.<br /><br />I assume this is the same channel, which most of you see over in the US. It is apparently going to play Battlestar Galactica (which I have not seen).<br /><br />So is this channel worth paying for? What can we expect to see? Just series or does it play movies as well? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

Aetius

Apart from <i>Battlestar Galactica</i> and <i>Doctor Who</i>, occasionally there are good movies and mini-series (<i>Dragon Sword</i> and <i>Dark Kingdom</i> for example). Lots of people also like the <i>Stargate</i> series, though I haven't watched too many episodes.<br /><br />However, there's also a lot of low-budget horror and monster B-movies which I don't personally care for. To each his own. It's a mixed bag, in my opinion.

V

vogon13

While some Sci-Fi programming is good, the number of commercial interruptions is staggering.<br /><br />If they make it a pay channel do they cut out all the ad crapola?<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

J

jmilsom

I'll find out. I'll check out the cost and may subscribe for a couple of months to see what its like. Too many ads can make watching anything unbearable. <br /><br />Concerning old B-grade movies. Well, I find them quite enjoyable (sometimes!) as anyone who has read the pre-1980s movie thread would know! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts