PHOENIX, Nov. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- AVIATION WEEK has named the winners and finalists of its sixth annual 2009 Program Excellence Awards, identifying 14 aerospace and defense (A&D) programs at BAE Systems, Boecore, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Rockwell Collins, and SpaceX as the leaders in their fields. The awards were announced at the AVIATION WEEK A&D Programs Conference in Phoenix, AZ on November 3.
The AVIATION WEEK Program Excellence evaluators considered more than 60 programs before selecting five winning programs and 14 finalists, as follows.
- Winner, Innovation Award - Space Exploration Technologies, Falcon First Flight Program, Brian Bjelde, Director, Production and Mission Management
- Winner, Sub-System Level Research & Development - BAE Systems, Electro-Magnetic Railgun Development Program, Amir Chaboki, Program Manager
- Winner, Sub-System Level Production & Sustainment - Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared Program, Roger Nordmeyer, Program Director
- Winner, System Level Research & Development - The Boeing Co., C-130 Avionics Modernization Program, Mark Angelo, Program Manager
- Winner, System Level Production & Sustainment - Northrop Grumman, Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) Program, Steve Carman, Project Leader