Stargazing Betelgeuse will be visible as a Supernova in March of 2025

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
gravity waves travel at lightspeed
Ken, I can affirm that fact in cosmos you wrote about. My source is NASA's science page for astronomy. "Gravitational waves travel at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second). These waves squeeze and stretch anything in their path as they pass by. A gravitational wave is an invisible, yet incredibly fast ripple in space." Gravitational waves are not bended in space-time. These waves squeeze and stretch anything in their path as they pass by. The speed of gravitational waves in the general relativity theory is equal to the speed of light in a vacuum. Within the theory of special relativity, the constant c is not only about light; instead it is the highest possible speed for any interaction in nature. Befittingly, c is a conversion factor for changing the unit of time to the unit of space. This makes it the only speed which does not depend either on the motion of an observer or a source of light and/or gravity.

Last edited:
If you're right, then we'd love to hear how you came to that conclusion.
Me, I think Betelgeuse is just going through a 'thermal pulse, it just happens to be in our line of sight. All stars experience two fundamentally different aspects of the fusion process of 'Stellar nucleosynthesis'. The main sequence era of a stars life is the most stable, and longest period of a stars life. This is due to the fact that the binding energy, forces protons to stick together during the proton-proton cycle of nuclear fusion process. The range of the binding energy, is approxiamately the width of an iron nucleous. When a star leaves the main sequence, it cannot initiate the nuclear fusion of Helium into Carbon and Oxygen until the core reaches 100 million degrees. The binding energy still has no problem forcing helium nuclei into one another to form heavier elements. However, all red giant stars are variable stars. Since, the core is converting helium into carbon and oxygen, there is still a thin outer shell of hydrogen burning that envelopes the inner core. It's the combination of the hydrogen burning and the 100 million degrees temperature at the core that causes the expansion of the star to balloon to unimaginable proportions. But as the outer layers expand, they also cool. As they cool, the outer layers then begin to contract. This diaphragm like expansion and contraction results in enormous loss of mass. During the contraction phase of a thermal pulse it is estimated that as much as one solar mass could be lost. The most current spectrographic analysis taken of Beetlejuice has shown that helium is still being converted into carbon and oxygen. This means that it will take at least another hundred thousand years for Betelgeuse to go supernova. I could be wrong though.
After the hydrogen in the giant star's core is exhausted, the star can begin to fuse helium and form progressively heavier elements. Carbon and oxygen are being fused by the star, until iron and nickel are formed. Up to this point, the fusion process releases energy. But the formation of elements heavier than iron and nickel requires an input of energy. Once the star starts fusing iron, then it's doomed to go supernovae. Fusing silicon to iron require more energy than it gives back to the star. This means that the star is going to die soon; it is causing its own death by using relatively more of its own energy, than the energy it is getting back from nuclear fusion. The high mass star can only maintain carbon fusion for approximately 1,000 years, according to studies by an Astrophysicist.

It has been measured precisely by Astrophysicists, that Betelgeuse is 642,5 light years away from Earth. Thereby, we know it takes light 642,5 years to reach us. The spectra that an Astronomer is studying, is based on light over the entire electromagnetic spectrum, hence the light from the spectra is seen as it was 642,5 years ago. Therefore, the data from the spectra are also 642,5 years old. Think about that.

Betelguese is a Class M supergiant star.
The age of Class M supergiants with an initial mass of 20 M ☉ is roughly 10 million years. The current age of Betelguese is approx. 10 million years, according to Astronomers.

If Betelgeuse already has gone supernovae for more than 642,5 years ago, then we could possibly see the explosion of the supernovae Betelgeuse in this decade. It would be magnificent scenery to see the star Betelgeuse as a supernovae in our life time.

Source: https://theplanets.org/stars/betelgeuse-star/

Last edited:
Hello Mr. O'Neil,

I read your article where you predicted that Betelgeuse's Supernova will arrive on Earth in 2025. Then I watched your youtube video where you showed the calculations you made. I am very interested in this topic and I try to follow the updates. First of all, I have to say that it is quite original that you associate the gravitational wave from LIGO with the Betelgeuse Supernova and try to calculate the lag time between gravity and light. Thank you for your valuable efforts.

But I must say that your work is full of errors from start to finish. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing whether your theory is wrong, but the arguments and calculations you put forward for your theory are wrong.

Your calculations about Betelgeuse using the Khufu pyramid are wrong in itself. Unfortunately, you made a mistake in converting meters to cubits. To convert the original height of the Khufu pyramid 146.5 meters into cubits, you need to divide by 0.4572, but you multiplied. All three measurements you found using this ratio are incorrect.

Also, you are making a mistake in the calculation you made in the 8th minute of your YouTube video
View: https://youtu.be/iFfYhKlHMZ4?t=448
. The interesting thing is that when we don't make this mistake, we see that the title of your work will change. In the 8th minute, you write 0.99307, which you calculated earlier, as 0.99037 into the calculator. If you use 0.99307 it makes 2023 for the date of supernova. However if you take 0.99037 it makes 2025. So with the wrong calculation you made, you find the date of March 2025.

I would be very happy if you explain. Maybe I miscalculated all of them or there is something I missed.

With kind regards..
I can add another miscalculation to the pyramid basis of calculations. The distance to Betelgeuse from earth is not 535.8 Light years 🚨.

The distance between earth and the star Betelgeuse, has been accurately measured to be 642.5 Light years by Astronomers and Astrophysicists. May we always use the correct scientific formula in the universe.

Sincerely,
L. Nielsen

Last edited:
I lip read on TNG you need to be 14km underground on Risa to be clear of sporadic emissions. A city-sized neutrino observatory made of heavy elements could image any melted oceans before they are gone. 12 voxels for an Indian Ocean....I'd guess the Point Break world is there.

Mar 7, 2023
Visit site
On January 14, 2020 the folks at Ligo Laser Interferometer Labs reported a mysterious gravity wave which does not fit the normal signature of a Black Hole merger nor a Neutron Star Black Hole Merger. Some have suggested the signature gravity wave may very well have been a Supernova event, because of its short duration.

Just prior to the gravity wave burst the star Betelgeuse has undergone some unusual dimming in 2019.
betelgeusebrightness_january-14_2020.png

The problem is the people of Ligo could not pin-point the location of the gravity wave burst yet they have stated it may have come from the Orion Constellation where Betelgeuse resides.

Gravity waves when traveling through space do not bend around stars as does light, therefore gravity waves would arrive at earth before a Supernova flash.

Since gravity waves is cutting edge science and not enough data has been retrieved to be compared for lag time of light to a gravity wave arrival time; as this is all theory at the moment trying to predict the speed of lights lag time compared to gravity waves from a distant object in space, I have found a calculation. However, my theory is based on a measurement that Betelgeuse's distance in light years is 535 from the Great Pyramid. Something tells me a very advanced civilization built the pyramids which exceeded our technology and to me it could be extra-terrestrial. Mankind has not been able to approximate Betelgeuse's light year distance properly and there is several speculations of its distance online.

khufu-pyramid-egypt.jpg

Knowing the exact distance in light years to Betelgeuse is pivotal if one were to predict a Supernova flash shortly from Betelgeuse in the future due to a gravity wave emission. I wrote a program in python which predicts the difference from a gravity wave geometric calculation to light years that maybe able to predict when Betelgeuse goes Supernova if it did indeed explode in 1491. This calculation I came up with .99307 x 535 = 529.84795 from my python program. The lag for the light delay should arrive sometime in March of 2025 knowing that the difference in light years is about 5.15205.

Here is a vid that explains what I have done:

For the below code here is some input information for black holes I used to determine distance from the data at Ligo Labs:

When using my python code you input:

Enter Number to divide Proton: 10000
Spin Number: 1
Enter number of Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 410
Add Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 160
Subtract Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 180

or another one

Enter Number to divide Proton: 1000000
Spin Number: 8
Enter number of Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 5300
Add Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 2400
Subtract Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: 2600

Here is the code I programmed for the gravity geometric in python:
Python:
import time
print('''Two to the power of Exponential growth of Gravities
Constant <G> multiplied by the fine structure contant multiplied
by 12 hours divided by n.
________________________________________ ''')
while True:
    n = int(input("Enter Number to divide Proton: "))
    s = int(input("Spin Number: "))
    Parsec = int(input("Enter number of Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: "))
    Plus_Parsec = int(input("Add Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: "))
    Minus_Parsec = int(input("Subtract Parsec's for Luminosity Distance: "))
    start_time = time.time()
    G_constant = (.00000000006674)
    proton_width = (((0.00000000000001)*s)/(n))
    gravity_wave = ((proton_width))
    G = ((pow(2,((1 +(((.00000000006674*.0072973*(12/n))*((( 1 ))))))))))
    Gravities_Geometry = ((G*3.14))
    Distance_to_Gravity_Waves_Source = ((((((G))/(gravity_wave))*86400*365)/((Gravities_Geometry)-((G/2))))/9461000000000000)

Ligos_approximation_Black_hole_merger_from_luminosity = (1000000*3.26*(Parsec+(Plus_Parsec-Minus_Parsec)))
    difference = (Ligos_approximation_Black_hole_merger_from_luminosity-Distance_to_Gravity_Waves_Source)
    print('{0:.14f}'.format(G_constant),'Gravitational Constant')
#    print('{0:.99f}'.format(proton_width),'Proton Width')
#    print('{0:.110f}'.format(gravity_wave),'Gravity Wave')
    print(G,'G as exponential growth')
    print('{0:.15f}'.format(Gravities_Geometry),'Gravities_Geometry')

print("{:,}".format(Ligos_approximation_Black_hole_merger_from_luminosity),'Ligos distance approximation from luminosity in light years')
    print('{0:,.1f}'.format(Distance_to_Gravity_Waves_Source),'Distance Gravity Wave traveled going by ONeils Gravity Geometric')
    print("{:,}".format(difference),'difference from Ligo and Geometric source in light years')
    e = int(time.time() - start_time)
    print('{:02d}:{:02d}:{:02d}'.format(e // 3600, (e % 3600 // 60), e % 60))

@All

I finally found another Gravity Wave Measurement measured against the diameter of the proton. The first gravity wave found was (GW150914) measured at a 10,000th of the diameter of a proton. It had a spin of -.01 and so in my python code it would be a 1 spin. I should explain Luminosity Distance, it is an approximation in the linear direction because light bends around massive objects on its way from deep space to the measuring point. At some junctures light can bend greater than other junctures, because of mass differences and this is why its an approximation for very deep objects. Often times Luminosity will be printed like this:
5300+2400−2600.

So to find the total light years. You would multiply 1,000,000*3.26*(5300+(2400-2600))light years

As I desperately searched the net to see if my Gravity Geometric was correct; I finally stumbled on to an article regarding the gravity wave (GW190521) measured at a 1,000,000th of the diameter of a proton. I then looked at the spin for the GW190521 and it was an .08 and so in my python code it would be an 8 spin which also plays a role in the calculation.

This was great that I found two measurements to test my Gravity Geometric to see how it faired against the approximate luminosity distance measuring stick. And just as I imagined at greater distances than smaller Luminosity as an approximation increases with time, because light bends around other massive objects on its way to where its being measured. On the other hand gravity takes a straight path to the target being measured unhindered by mass. So this is why I'm so excited to show the result. I'm not using Luminosity to show distance and perhaps as I just discussed light not being accurate, that I'm spot on for light years with my Geometric Result.
Sick analysis, and even sicker frontside cutback in your profile pic. stay stoked brother \mn/

In 20000 yrs our heliopause might shrink to between Neptune and Pluto orbit and be glitchy. If we can't trust travel in the Solar System we might move to greener pastures. If we have decontamination we might move to where there are a half dozen ocean filled ice moons.

Thank you for the Link. Interesting information. I also hope to see Betelgeuse go Supernovae in my lifetime. I am 61 years.

There are visible signs that the star is at the final phase of its lifespan with higher incremental pulsation. Betelgeuse has already run out of the hydrogen fuel in its core and is now in the final, red giant stage of its life, fusing helium to carbon.

28000 yrs it may contract our heliopause to just past Uranus orbit, sea otters have been told the same: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/animal...g-sea-otter-making-waves-california-rcna94205
They need 20km^2 for mating and stand wind. Dolphins only need 1km^2 and octupii will depressurize us.
Keanu's spanish mouths "Arcturus is there". It has Lorazepam. 6km a chemical pellet underwater cleans out the underground organics 10 km from shore in a century. It is 40% O2 and 40% N 10% of the world. After Betelgeuse we'll have 30k yrs of good Arcturus. It is the second best planet and star near us. The Milky Way is the exact amount of stars to minimize # of supernovae. I think when that is observed the odds of it going novae this millenium are very low. My icon source is not NASA, a country is given Jackson in 1250AD and freedom from invasions and 10% of GDP cultural, and Irish vocalists at 1890. It is music for anyone 6 weeks in space. The old game had no freedom from invasion so was only 20 yrs away space music. Arcturus drifts high pitch to 8 lower octaves. Betelgeuse gets laser sounding radiation interference and then a loud ray gun. It is mostly quiet after but the planet still outgases atmosphere for 10k yrs...

Last edited:
I'm supposed to withdraw away from this thing in 9000 yrs. You can hunker down in Procyon, Arcturus, Sirius and the Titan system. Or you can follow a century to a million yrs behind me or any other organized retreats.
Rigel needs time to master. 70 LYs away is a water world with waves that are 200ft but 700ft of foam every 3 yrs. It is highly corrosive. 50 LYs away is a palladium asteroid to go for. Neutrinos should be there in a millenia or 2. In the meantime I'll shoot back and forth between Arcturus and Procyon and make a Pluto with an ice moon core. I aim for 200LY away from Betelgeuse. Arcturus is NNE of the galactic core. Then tack around the plane about the same radial distance as Earth is and towards a loop surveys happen before a full lap. Earth-sized Titans will be there. Ice moon necklaces can be made. Nova cores will be inhabitably carved up.

Last edited:

Latest posts