Captain America returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Link...<br /><br />Killed in the aftermath of the 2006-2007 "Civil War" crossover series Cap is making a comeback. Steve Rogers is still dead, but another will take up the mantle in a new uniform and with perhaps a new attitude. See if you can tell the difference in the photos below;<br /><br />Old CA<br /><br />New CA 1<br />New CA 2<br />New CA 3 <br /><br />By the way;<br /><br />Captain America (2009)<br /><br />Director: TBA<br /><br />Executive Producer: Avi Arad (X-1/2/3, Spiderman 1/2/3, Iron Man, Wolverine, Magneto etc. etc.)<br /><br />Writers: Jack Kirby (characters); David Self<br /><br />Release Date: July 2009 (USA) <br /><br />Synopsis: Unassuming Army officer Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals. <br /><br />Cast: TBD <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

lampblack

Apparently, the new guy doesn't smile. Or maybe he's dealing with hemorrhoids. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

D

docm

The new guy may still be PO'ed over Steve Rogers getting killed. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<font color="yellow">docm - The new guy may still be PO'ed over Steve Rogers getting killed.</font><br /><br />Heck, I'm still PO'ed over Steve getting killed. :/ <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

J

johnsje

I really do not follow this muhc, but the main thing I noticed was that the new CA had a Gun. Did the old one carry?

D

docm

No, and there is speculation that the new CA is Punisher. This would explain the guns, combat knife and 'utility' belt.<br /><br />In the "Civil War" series Steve Rogers was killed by a Red Skull assassin and Punisher took his headgear. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

etavaunt

He also took the assassins headgear. Umm, no, just the HEAD!.<br /><br />Captain America without the NAME he carried, would have been a truly lame character. Standing up for something counts more than what you bring to the fight?.

D

docm

Several people have used the Captain America identity. <br /><br />Link.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<i>"...The character's death came as a blow to co-creator Joe Simon, who said, "It's a hell of a time for him to go. We really need him now."</i><br /><br />When I heard Cap's death announced on the radio, I got a lump in my throat and thought the same thing. We could really use him now. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.