Competition for NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jero

Is Japans space program going to provide the same competitive boost for NASA that Russias did during the Cold War?<br /><br />Has Japan had any successful missions? I know about several that have failed, but cant think of any that have succeded. <br /><br />What are the benefits and drawbacks of having multiple countries in the space exploration buisness from NASAs point of view?

S

shuttle_rtf

They've got the money, but they don't have the experience, yet.

F

frodo1008

I think that the Chinese are far more ambitious about human space development than the Japanese are.<br /><br />If things continue perhaps NASA will indeed have a fire built under them, after all I can't see congress singing "By the Light of A Chinese Moon!" now can you?

C

contracommando

It’s the Chinese space program that we should worry about. Whereas the Japanese program is benevolent and will serve all of us scientifically, the Chinese program will only serve their military.

F

frodo1008

Why would the Chinese be of such concern to us, we are far and away their best customer! And besides, they are buying up as much of the US as their considerable capital will let them. Why attack billions of dollars worth of facilities, equipment, and excellent people that you now own? Please put in another quarter, and attempt to make better sense.<br /><br />The ONLY reason that NASA would be concerned with the CHinese would be that it would hurt our reputation as the #1 in manned space!

Status
Not open for further replies.