Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ThePatriotBeast

Stars can't shine without darkness
Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
The question, "Could Aliens Be Germs" didn't get many answers and it also brought up multiple bad theories (some people apparently thought COVID might have been from aliens!) but there was good info. Now, I'm bringing up a Space.com article titled, "Could We Be Aliens?" or something like that. I couldn't find it again. But, I wanted to ask you guys this question: Could we be the aliens?:)-->👽?

ThePatriotBeast

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
Well...according to one silly show on the History Channel, some think that humans may have originated via alien interaction.

Note, those opinions are rather light on science and are speculative (at best), as well as being purely entertainment in my mind.

Ah, Ancient Aliens! Yes, they're more entertaining than scientific most of the time! Thank you for your opinion!

COLGeek

Then there are the "engineers" from Prometheus-fame.

There is some evidence of the building-blocks of life coming from comet impacts with Earth. That would be "alien" from a certain perspective.

ThePatriotBeast

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
Then there are the "engineers" from Prometheus-fame.

There is some evidence of the building-blocks of life coming from comet impacts with Earth. That would be "alien" from a certain perspective.

Wow, Seems like to me some people are just grasping straws

Well, aren't we all considered to be comprised of primarily of star dust? Carbon required manufacturing by fusion, not to mention all other elements other than H and He.

There is a slight chance that the initial "ball of snow" that began its path down the mountain may have started on Mars, then a major impact or two, sent those primordial RNA strands, or whatever, to Earth. This would fall in the category of Panspermia.

I think we likely didn't get help from Mars, but more exploration on Mars and better understanding of abiogenesis should be revealing over time... maybe.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
I think we all understand "alien" as being intelligent life from outside Earth. Intelligent because it usually relates to space travel, or at least communication.

Then, of course, if we originated off-planet, we would be aliens turned inhabitants.

Cat :)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021
Visit site
The question, "Could Aliens Be Germs" didn't get many answers and it also brought up multiple bad theories (some people apparently thought COVID might have been from aliens!) but there was good info. Now, I'm bringing up a Space.com article titled, "Could We Be Aliens?" or something like that. I couldn't find it again. But, I wanted to ask you guys this question: Could we be the aliens?:)-->👽?
Well this might be possible

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Could We Be Aliens?

Life originated somewhere. It is most unlikely that, in all the billions of planets in billions of solar systems, in billions of galaxies . . . . . . that it originated here. So, in that respect, all life is alien to this planet. However, from 3 or 4 billion years ago, it may well be assumed that we qualify for naturalisation ("Most British naturalisation applications take between 3-4 months to be processed".)

Life clearly originated "naturally". If it required a predecessor, then who/what pre-dated the predecessor? Life from alpha-Centauri? . . . . . . . . . Reductio ad absurdum. So, by now, we are probably naturalised citizens of planet Earth, even though, directly or indirectly, we had alien origins. Alien, in this context. simply means somewhere else.

Cat :)

Reactions: Helio
I suspect the Earth is The Golylock’s planet. The number of astronomical variables alone may make us unique in our galaxy. Our large moon gains us obliquity stability, which Mars lacks. Our star is a super “steady Eddie”, unlike most stars. Jupiter seems to be a good shepard , I think. And many more variables make conditions, apparently favorable. We still lack understanding for abiogenesis, however, but those advantages are likely important factors.

iPad

Reactions: Catastrophe
Helio, " The number of astronomical variables alone may make us unique in our galaxy."

I hope that you are not eating your words after the forthcoming US revelations about UFOs :) :) :)
Noticed I only suggested we may be unique to this galaxy, not the other 2 trillion. :)

I favor other sentient life forms in our galaxy, so I mean uniqueness relative to perhaps many billions of other planets.

Even the Bible speaks of other sentient life (Revelation).

Mankind built the Pyramids, and all the others. People tend to take that away from us and say it had to be someone else. Mankinds biggest loss is the destruction of the library of Alexander , which Egypt was trying to protect.

That library held the knowledge in it that may have spanned back hundreds ,maybe thousands of years. It was a great loss.

Last edited:
Roswell has a stupid alien festival every couple of years. We don't like it but it brings in a lot of revenue. Every nut case , freaks, and theorist ,and so on comes out of the woodwork and flooding the town. Hey, a lot of Elvis impersonators also lol.

Most of us natives see our town as .
The birthplace of rockets. Even Van Braun said that.
The first test of the A bomb, which ended WWII.
The Alien crash thing hardly ever comes up.
A memorial , to the heroes of USS Indianapolis is in one of our parks.
And to our Bataan death March dead.

Latest posts