Dark Matter Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Betelgeuse

"For years, astrophysicists have been boggled by the fact that the grand sum of all the known "normal" matter in the universe -- that which makes up the stars, the Earth and even our own bodies -- only amounts to half of what should exist based on computer simulations.<br /><br />Given that multiple simulations have continually yielded the same result, they theorized that the rest of the normal matter, known as baryons, must be hiding somewhere in the space between galaxies. However, they haven't had much evidence to support the theory until now....."<br /><br /><br />link

T

thechemist

Unfortunately, it is not dark matter that was found, but normal matter (baryons) that was not previously accounted for.<br /><br />Dark matter is still a mystery, along with dark energy.<br /><br />From the same article :<br /><br /><font color="yellow">"Whereas baryons account for 4 percent of the total matter and energy in the universe, dark matter is thought to make up 23 percent. The remaining 73 percent of the so-called matter-energy budget consists of what scientists call "dark energy."</font>/safety_wrapper> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>I feel better than James Brown.</em> </div>

O

Odezy

"For years, astrophysicists have been boggled by the fact that the grand sum of all the known "normal" matter in the universe -- that which makes up the stars, the Earth and even our own bodies -- only amounts to half of what should exist based on computer simulations."<br /><br /><br />How about Dark Matter being life? That "Could" explain it since we couldnt measure the weight of any civilization only the weight of the star and planet... Hrmm?? Gah, I had another good theory but it slipped my mind. I'll try to remember and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts