ESA and Roskosmos post-ISS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

azorean5000

<p>Can anyone tell me what are the plans of ESA and Roskosmos&nbsp;post-ISS ? I havent heard anything regarding that.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

holmec

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can anyone tell me what are the plans of ESA and Roskosmos&nbsp;post-ISS ? I havent heard anything regarding that. <br /> Posted by azorean5000</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I haven't heard nothing conrete. &nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;But things that have been thrown around:</p><p>Contiuation of experiments</p><p>Continued Tourism</p><p>Use ISS as a staging area for lunar missions - possibly ESA and Roskosmos effort.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Don't forget that Jaxa, and Canada are involved in ISS!&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

J

JonClarke

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can anyone tell me what are the plans of ESA and Roskosmos&nbsp;post-ISS ? I havent heard anything regarding that. </DIV></p><p>Don't forget too that their inolvement with the ISS will continue for another 10 years, perhaps longer (I don't see the ISS ending it's useful life much before 2020, if then).</p><p>There are conceptual missions to the Moon and Mars, but they are ideas only, nothing concrete.</p><p>Jon</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

A

azorean5000

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Don't forget too that their inolvement with the ISS will continue for another 10 years, perhaps longer (I don't see the ISS ending it's useful life much before 2020, if then).There are conceptual missions to the Moon and Mars, but they are ideas only, nothing concrete.Jon&nbsp; <br />Posted by jonclarke</DIV></p><p>Well i only asking what they are going to do when ISS falls out from space, not what they are going to do when NASA leaves it. Even if ISS lasts until 2020 or little after, thats not too far away from now. They should really start deciding what they are going to do&nbsp;then.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

Cygnus_X_1

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Well i only asking what they are going to do when ISS falls out from space, not what they are going to do when NASA leaves it.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by azorean5000</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>That is one and the same.&nbsp; No NASA, no ISS&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

moonmadness

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can anyone tell me what are the plans of ESA and Roskosmos&nbsp;post-ISS ? I havent heard anything regarding that. <br />Posted by azorean5000</DIV><br /><br />Wow. For such a simple question you got a lot of confused answers. :)</p><p>Only have heard conjecture about ESA and Russian plans after ISS is terminated. (standard we are going to Mars hyperbole)</p><p>The most feasible (IMHO) being the Russian plans for its own space platform(MIR type).</p><p>ESA will most likely concentrate on probes, or maybe pressure U.S. politicians into making VSE(or whatever its called this week) into another international cooperation white elephant. :(</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do play one on the TV in my mind.</p> </div>

A

azorean5000

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Wow. For such a simple question you got a lot of confused answers. :)Only have heard conjecture about ESA and Russian plans after ISS is terminated. (standard we are going to Mars hyperbole)The most feasible (IMHO) being the Russian plans for its own space platform(MIR type).ESA will most likely concentrate on probes, or maybe pressure U.S. politicians into making VSE(or whatever its called this week) into another international cooperation white elephant. :(&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by moonmadness</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;Do the russians plan to build a new station (mir-3?)?<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

JonClarke

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Wow. For such a simple question you got a lot of confused answers. :)Only have heard conjecture about ESA and Russian plans after ISS is terminated. (standard we are going to Mars hyperbole)The most feasible (IMHO) being the Russian plans for its own space platform(MIR type).ESA will most likely concentrate on probes, or maybe pressure U.S. politicians into making VSE(or whatever its called this week) into another international cooperation white elephant. :(&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by moonmadness</DIV></p><p>Is is way to soon for concrete plans by any of those organisation. </p><p>And international cooperation is a good thing, no more likely to lead to white elephants than any other approach.&nbsp; <br /><br />Jon</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts