Event in the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmjimmy

Sun nov 7, 7pm (approx) Prince Edward County Ontario.<br /><br />We saw pink shafts of light towards the east and west horizons and an expanding white formation that was directly above. The formation emanated from a central point and almost looked like an explosion or rays from the sun except they were white like clouds. The emanation started out about the size of the constellation Orion and eventually expanded all the way to the east, west, and northern horizons and half way to the southern horizon. This was a WOW! sighting.<br /><br />Anyone know what it might have been?<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />JMJimmy

I

iron_sun_254

There was a major solar event recently. You must have seen the aurora.

N

nexium

Was "eventually a few seconds or a few hours? The only time I saw the Arora, it was a complex patern,all white, with no colors. Neil

I

igorsboss

The timing and location are right for the Aurora Borealis. There was a G5 (extreme geomagnetic) storm that night.<br /><br />I even saw the Aurora in Mill Creek, Washington, for the first time at this location. The Aurora would have been brilliant in Ontario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts