How would we decode a message from ET? New project will give us a trial run

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
We are on the listening end, but it is important to know first, how we would send a signal. Mathematics is the universal language. Building images using various methods would be one way to communicate.

Reactions: billslugg
May 24, 2023
Visit site
Think I might mess around with this.

Assuming this is some kind of digital signal, the first thing I would try is count the number digits. Then see if it is a perfect square or the product of two primes. This could give the aspect ration if the message is a 2 dimensional picture. If not a perfect square or product of two primes; try dividing the total numbers of digits by 2,3,4, ...., If the answer is a perfect square or the product of two primes; then each pixel in the picture could composed a multi digit shade.

This idea could be extended to three dimensions. See if the totaal number of digits is a perfect cube or product of 3 primes.

Any frequencies below near IR, could not be used for communications, unless the range is extremely close. As far as any can concept, it would take the intensity of a star to have any "space range" at all. So for space radio, one has to modulate a star.

For alien messages......look for blinking stars. Or "motor boating" stars. I'll bet few have heard that term.

Latest posts