Is our universe expanding into space time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmarinas86

<i>Something that does not exist in space time</i> does not have both <i>location and time</i>. It is never created or destroyed, it just is, for there is no time in which it is created and destroyed *or* there is not a place in which it is created and destroyed. What is the volume of the emptyness that space-time is expanding into? Is space-time occupying these new extremeties or is it pushing them back? How many times larger is the "outside of spacetime" than the continuum of space time? Could this "outside of space time" have a size? If it does not have a size (i.e. space), then how is our universe contained in it? Can time exist outside of space? Can space exist without time?

M

Maddad

There is no volume that space-time expands into. Expanding space-time is what makes volume.

K

kmarinas86

Oh ya, I remember about the idea about a 4D universe where if you have a straight arrow going in one direction it will end up back at the same place if it's sufficently long. What if this arrow is not straight but curved due to a gravitational pull?<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_Critiques<br /><br /><font color="yellow">Advocates of non-standard models claim there is no need to invoke dark matter or dark energy as gravity is not taken to be the only acting force in the universe. The details of how other forces change cosmological parameters are generally left vague and undeveloped by their proponents.</font><br /><br />In the idea I proposed several times called the Cyclic Multiverse Theory, I propose that the perceived acceleration of the galaxies away from each other is the result of very large gravitational gradients cause by a very "mass"ive forces. The picture I made below best illustrates this.<br /><br />If our visible universe is like this picture, our universe maybe indeed 4D'ish, although in an "amorphous" way rather than a spherical way. The spreading of galaxies away from each other would be caused gravitational forces of large masses many times larger than our galaxy.<br /><br />The picture proposes that our galaxy is in transit between several "mass"ive bodies which are millions of light years in diameter. These are proposed to be *very* massive bodies capable of pulling galaxies billions of light years away from each other with acceleration. These bodies would create the large gravitational redshifts which are discovered through telescopes. There is of course doppler redshifts of distant galaxies due to their motion which may be caused by these huge masses pulling them.<br /><br />In a way, the Big Bang Theory wouldn't be completely overturned by the acceptance of this alternative cosmology. Perhaps instead of the singularity of the Big Bang, primordia

Status
Not open for further replies.