Logged in - Not logged in

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boris_Badenov

I just posted & left. When I returned I had to log on & got the glitch again. Maybe there is a connection after all.

B

Boris_Badenov

There's absolutely no question, when I post & then I have to log back on I have to log on twice.

D

docm

I have to log back in nearly every day, regardless of the checkbox being selected, and sometimes several times a day :mad:

B

Boris_Badenov

I'm curious if anybody can explain to me why this can't be fixed? How long has it been now? Well over a year.

D

doublehelix

They've investigated it on and off but have not found a solution.

-dh

R

raptorborealis

I get the same thing...and I then have to click on 'community' to find the 'forum', etc.

No wonder there is such little traffic on the forum....it doesn't show up anywhere on space.com...one needs to be a detective to find it. then if someone does eventually join...they don't know how to get back to the forum when the 'system' logs you out.

(that was my experience)

A really screwed up format. Must be designed by the same folks who designed the Shuttle...make something so convoluted that it is guaranteed not to work properly.

B

Boris_Badenov

It appears that part of the glitch has been fixed as I no longer have to log in twice every time I post.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

I'm having the same issue as well. Even with compatability mode it just won't go away. What's the point of the check box if you are automatically logged out anyway?

S

summoner

This is too funny. My "normal" computer is on the fritz so I had to pull this old one out that I haven't used in about 10 months. It still had me logged on when I came in today. :lol:

A

a_lost_packet_

I log in every day I visit. So, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm not comfortable with "Always Logged In" stuff. I'd rather clear my settings every session.

But, could a solution for people who like auto-logon be a third-party BHO? There are several out there, including one by Microsoft, IIRC. (Passport, Wallet or something like that?)

E

EarthlingX

I would just like to repeat, that i don't have any such problems. I log in, don't check 'keep me logged', and i'm happily logged in until i restart my browser, sometimes even after that.

I have 3 computers directly on the Net, none of them has such a problem. I will be installing a couple of Linux boxes, will try it there too.

WinXP SP2 patched to SP3, FF 3.6.10.

Again, i'm willing to answer questions about my config, if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts