Logged in - Not logged in

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

Swampcat":3eh2q35q said:
Anti-virus software is running and I'm seriously thinking about never coming back to this place.

Well, I hope you don't choose to leave! Your input and participation here is valuable.

I've forwarded the last two posts here to the product manager, which should then go to the developers.

-dh

S

Swampcat

doublehelix":xdu84g7r said:
Well, I hope you don't choose to leave! Your input and participation here is valuable.

I've forwarded the last two posts here to the product manager, which should then go to the developers.

-dh

Thanks for the reply, dh.

I've spent most of last evening and all morning fixing the problem I mentioned. It's gone now :cool: , but I have to admit I'm still rather antsy about coming here. Between the login problems and this latest trojan attack that started manifesting itself as soon as I clicked on "Board Index" I feel justified having that feeling.

Anyway, I see you've been busy posting this morning so I guess I'll move on and read the rest :D .

D

doublehelix

Swampcat":13kcrrer said:
Thanks for the reply, dh.

I've spent most of last evening and all morning fixing the problem I mentioned. It's gone now :cool: , but I have to admit I'm still rather antsy about coming here. Between the login problems and this latest trojan attack that started manifesting itself as soon as I clicked on "Board Index" I feel justified having that feeling.

Anyway, I see you've been busy posting this morning so I guess I'll move on and read the rest :D .

Hey, you're welcome, Swampcat. :)

I can understand your feeling like that - trojans and viruses and other crap like that are one of the worst tech things to encounter on the internet. It really sucks when your machine is infested. I think people that create these things need to be hung up by their fingernails for an extended period of time. It makes me so mad!!! :x :x :x :x :x

-dh

S

Swampcat

Had to login again today. No broken scripts or audible.com ad, but it sure would be nice if the login function worked properly.

Of course, if you wanted to keep participation low here, forcing folks to login so often would do it.

Firefox 3.5.5.

D

doublehelix

Swampcat":3vwsh56j said:
Had to login again today. No broken scripts or audible.com ad, but it sure would be nice if the login function worked properly.

Of course, if you wanted to keep participation low here, forcing folks to login so often would do it.

Firefox 3.5.5.

Thanks for the update, Swampcat. I know it's a pretty big bug, and the devs have been talking to the phpBB guys about it. I'll check in with them, though, and see where they are with things.

-dh

S

Swampcat

doublehelix":2zwegq65 said:
Thanks for the update, Swampcat. I know it's a pretty big bug, and the devs have been talking to the phpBB guys about it. I'll check in with them, though, and see where they are with things.

-dh

Thanks, dh. I know I'm being a bit of a PITA on some of these issues, but sometimes that's the only way to get things done :(

BTW, i got a script failure again this evening when loading the SDC home page.

D

doublehelix

Swampcat":21b724ra said:
doublehelix":21b724ra said:
Thanks, dh. I know I'm being a bit of a PITA on some of these issues, but sometimes that's the only way to get things done :(

BTW, i got a script failure again this evening when loading the SDC home page.

Hey, don't worry about it, man. :cool:

Can you send another screenshot my way, to community@imaginova.com? Thanks.

-dh

S

Swampcat

doublehelix":2tdsidz5 said:
Can you send another screenshot my way, to community@imaginova.com? Thanks.

-dh

Sure.

sdcscript2.jpg

This is the last one I saved. It's from a couple of days ago.

Most of them seem to be associated with ads, but I got one today that had a straight SDC URL.

I'll try to remember to save the next one I get.

Using Firefox 3.5.5.

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I'll send this to the e-mail addy you provided :oops:

N

nimbus

Forums timing out repeatedly for a while, refusing to log me in (that same unrecognized user/password error), then this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db.int.space.com' (4) in /storage/web/Library/php/PHPLIB/common/db_mysql_06.php on line 79
Database error: connect failed.
MySQL Error: ()

D

doublehelix

We've been having some database issues today. I've been speaking with the devs, so they know there is some wonkiness in Community. Apologies for the inconvenience - I know it can be frustrating, the slow crawls and such.

-dh

B

Boris_Badenov

I still get the can't log on glitch with monotonous regularity but I've discovered that if I see that I'm not logged on & I go to my profile page & access the forums from the tab at the top (this one; Community Home Page Forums View Public Profile Member Center) it some times shows me as logged on. Other times I have to just log on twice as in usual with the glitch.

B

Boris_Badenov

Boris_Badenov":2jp1ax52 said:
I still get the can't log on glitch with monotonous regularity but I've discovered that if I see that I'm not logged on & I go to my profile page & access the forums from the tab at the top (this one; Community Home Page Forums View Public Profile Member Center) it some times shows me as logged on. Other times I have to just log on twice as in usual with the glitch.
I just got the glitch & it worked again. :D

B

Boris_Badenov

Boris_Badenov":2hv5ewiz said:
Boris_Badenov":2hv5ewiz said:
I just got the glitch & it worked again. :D
I just had the glitch in my office & my solution worked again just fine. :D

B

bdewoody

I am having a problem here too. I used to be able to stay logged in for the better part of a day but recently I have to log in every time I reopen the page. Funny thing is, it shows me logged in at the top of the page all the time.

M

MeteorWayne

Yeah, I got logged out today too. Could be part of the repair process for the posting problem. If so, no biggie.

D

doublehelix

I know this insane bug (another roach) is being worked on. Our devs have been in touch with the phpBB guys via email and phone, and it's a known nasty bug. I'll see what I can find out as far as an update, from our dev team.

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

Something goofy going on today (Sunday)...I've been logged out 3 times so far, highly unusual.

B

Boris_Badenov

It happens every time lately. Both at home & the office. I get logged out just about every time I navigate away from the site as well.

M

MeteorWayne

MeteorWayne":rzilobej said:
Something goofy going on today (Sunday)...I've been logged out 3 times so far, highly unusual.

Interesting, Sunday morning again, and it just happened for the first time since last Sunday. Hmmmm

C

Couerl

Boris_Badenov":j5mthwuj said:
It happens every time lately. Both at home & the office. I get logged out just about every time I navigate away from the site as well.

Happens to me too, maybe using different computers has something to do with it. Also; my page refresh stalls with (1 item remaining) waiting for httpspace.com blah blah.. so I can't use spell check etc when I reply to posts.

M

MeteorWayne

ROFL, I need type check, not spell check. My spelling's great. My typing is absulotuely awafule :lol:

D

doublehelix

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. All I can tell you is that the devs are aware of this, and are working on it. I think it will be with us for a little while at least, unfortunately. Sorry about that. :(

-dh

C

Cosmicvoid

I've been having the same problem with having to log in every day. I just finally found this place to voice my complaint. I notice that there are several cookies being set by space.com, labeled "phpbb3_4sx...." that expire about 24 hours from the latest login time. I believe those are the reason for the short time. Using Win2K + FireFox3.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts