Moon Landings Faked? (and all other space mission fakery)

Page 42 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
L

livo74

is there a single video of the astronauts in lunar orbit?

hello, new here and figure a good knowledge base to ask.

i have searched myself, but have not been able to find a single apollo video showing the astronauts faces/bodies whilst in lunar orbit?

i found many videos of them working/playing whilst "on the way", but so far not one of them ,say.. looking out the windows, talking/ pointing/celebrating!/ saying "look at me mum, we made it!" etc etc.

are there any?

there would have to be, please help.

if there aren't, well

cheers, from aus

S

silylene

Re: is there a single video of the astronauts in lunar orbit?

I recall, from all those years ago, watching a live handheld video through the window at the moon underneath. Not sure which mission - that was about 40 years ago!

O

origin

livo74":11ty0s3z said:
hello, new here and figure a good knowledge base to ask.

i have searched myself, but have not been able to find a single apollo video showing the astronauts faces/bodies whilst in lunar orbit?

i found many videos of them working/playing whilst "on the way", but so far not one of them ,say.. looking out the windows, talking/ pointing/celebrating!/ saying "look at me mum, we made it!" etc etc.

are there any?

there would have to be, please help.

if there aren't, well

cheers, from aus

Not sure what it is you are looking for but here is a video of the astronauts in lunat orbit. This site has hundreds and hundres of videos. I assume that you are a lunar conspiracy buff, in which case you might want to post in the thread at the top of this page.

Welcome tp SDC.

M

MeteorWayne

If that's what it turns out to be, it will be moved :)

We'll see...

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

But weren't there EVAs in lunar orbit, as well as EVAs in trans-lunar injection or trans-earth injection? I'd like to see some of those.

M

MeteorWayne

No, there were no EVAs in lunar orbit, or translunar. Why would there be? What purpose would they serve? All EVA's have been earth orbit (or on the lunar surface, of course).

J

jim48

Correct. No EVAs in lunar orbit, but plenty of footage of both ships in orbit. Technically not video, as that was all shot on film back then.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

Okay, I remember that on some of the later missions a guy had to get out and retrieve some footage or something. I thought those took place in lunar orbit but I guess not.

L

livo74

Thankyou for the replys peoples.

will clarify, am searching for "..a single apollo video showing the astronauts faces/bodies whilst in lunar orbit?.."
title wouldn't let me fit in question properly.

silylene":aw4mafsg said:
I recall, from all those years ago, watching a live handheld video through the window at the moon underneath. Not sure which mission - that was about 40 years ago!

i think i've seen many of those, camera even shakes/moves a little so "apparently" is being handheld.(but no faces, in ones ive found)

origin":aw4mafsg said:
Not sure what it is you are looking for but here is a video of the astronauts in lunat orbit. This site has hundreds and hundres of videos. I assume that you are a lunar conspiracy buff, in which case you might want to post in the thread at the top of this page.

Welcome tp SDC.
thanks, will search, (as yet my computer doesn't seem to be able to load page)
might have what i (don't) expect to find.

MeteorWayne":aw4mafsg said:
If that's what it turns out to be, it will be moved :)

We'll see...

i don't understand. (..might have to get used to that peoples, am not the clueiest person at times:)
didn't finish highschool let alone uni. which is why i thought to ask/search here.)
what may be moved?? help!

jim48":aw4mafsg said:
Correct. No EVAs in lunar orbit, but plenty of footage of both ships in orbit. Technically not video, as that was all shot on film back then.
um, it's started already;)
what the are eva's you guys are discussing?

and yes, have come across the "footage of both in orbit". but not showing bodies/faces.
and to think, no footage of "..looking out the windows, talking/ pointing/celebrating!/ saying "look at me mum, we made it!" etc etc."
boggles the mind.
(mine is easily boggled but;) )

anyways, am very appreciative of replys.

O

origin

livo74":1zy6b266 said:
i don't understand. (..might have to get used to that peoples, am not the clueiest person at times:)
didn't finish highschool let alone uni. which is why i thought to ask/search here.)

There are some conspiracy flakes that think the apollo moon missions were a hoax. Wayne is saying that if this turns into a moon hoax thread it will be moved into the already existing moon hoax thread.

and yes, have come across the "footage of both in orbit". but not showing bodies/faces.
and to think, no footage of "..looking out the windows, talking/ pointing/celebrating!/ saying "look at me mum, we made it!" etc etc."
boggles the mind.

Here is the link to the videos of Apollo 10 instead of just the video link. Magazine L shows the astronauts in lunar orbit taken with a handheld movie camera.

A

adrenalynn

jim48":l0bfdxqz said:

Sorta. As we were discussing in the Anniversary fora - incredibly advanced (for the time) NTSC broadcast cameras were developed for live broadcast from the surface.

I have personally bounced lasers from the reflector grid. The position is precise and predictable to within millimeters. The Time-to-Flight is precise and mathematically predictable to within microseconds. Those didn't get there by accident.

Anyone that doesn't appreciate that we landed multiple manned missions on the lunar surface is also hopefully too stupid to breed. Alas, it never seems to work out that way...

L

livo74

origin":msm3nh2y said:
livo74":msm3nh2y said:

There are some conspiracy flakes that think the apollo moon missions were a hoax. Wayne is saying that if this turns into a moon hoax thread it will be moved into the already existing moon hoax thread.

boggles the mind.

Here is the link to the videos of Apollo 10 instead of just the video link. Magazine L shows the astronauts in lunar orbit taken with a handheld movie camera.

thanks for explaining/moon hoax.
applicable too, as what was thinking.
(i think we went to the moon. whether it was completely as reported im not sure i fully subscribe to)

will check out the link you have offered, probably exactly what i was searching for!
(right now "L" page isn't loading?? will try again.)

L

livo74

adrenalynn":3uum9vcr said:
I have personally bounced lasers from the reflector grid. The position is precise and predictable to within millimeters. The Time-to-Flight is precise and mathematically predictable to within microseconds. Those didn't get there by accident.

opinion, not sure the best example myself. pretty easy to roll that appliance off a rover on to the surface.

adrenalynn":3uum9vcr said:
Anyone that doesn't appreciate that we landed multiple manned missions on the lunar surface is also hopefully too stupid to breed. Alas, it never seems to work out that way...

bit late mate. have a twelve year old daughter :!:
predominately 'A' grade student, so kinda makes your thought/wish irrelevant.

can be sure won't be the only time that happens so don't take it too hard k.

L

livo74

M

MeteorWayne

Downloaded fine for me in about 2 minutes.

Are you on a very slow dialup connection?

L

livo74

howdy wayne,

wireless broadband, should be fine.
??

two minutes! guess have to try again later and hope

did it show the astronauts inside and moon?

M

MeteorWayne

Yes, both on the same reel.

C

CalliArcale

MeteorWayne":rtu0wjc5 said:
No, there were no EVAs in lunar orbit, or translunar. Why would there be? What purpose would they serve? All EVA's have been earth orbit (or on the lunar surface, of course).

Yuri_Armstrong is actually correct -- there were EVAs performed during the cruise. Not translunar, but transearth. Apollos 15-17 all included a transearth EVA to retrieve film canisters from high quality cameras carried in a bay on the Service Module. The Service Module would not be returning to Earth with them, and as they had a very thick heat shield between them and the SM, there was no way to put a handy little hatch in there for film retrieval. (Power and data was fed through an umbilical over the side of the heat shield.) So instead, during the otherwise tedious transearth cruise, they all suited up, depressurized the CM, and one guy went down to the service module to pull out the film while another crewman stood in the hatch, monitoring. (They did not do it while in lunar orbit, because docking and then escaping lunar orbit was higher priority. They did not do it in Earth orbit because actually they'd never orbit the Earth again -- the Apollo spacecraft all reentered directly from the transearth trajectory, so transearth was really the only opportunity to do this.)

Here's a picture from the final EVA of the Apollo lunar program, showing Ron Evans retrieving film on Apollo 17:
AS17-152-23391.jpg

M

MeteorWayne

Thanx for the info Calli. You are a fountain of knowledge about Apollo!!
MW

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

Yes, that was what I was thinking about. That's really amazing, a transearth EVA. Is there any video of it? It would be pretty interesting to watch.

L

livo74

wayne, am at wits end :(

any youtube vids of film you have pointed out?

..as refuses to let me download a single vid off that page. doesn't like me
(download speed gets less, n less, nless.. without showing any movement in amount downloaded.) f#@k.
2ea91a8d.gif

S

silylene

livo74":69rw4fny said:
....refuses to let me download a single vid off that page. doesn't like me

I smell a conspiracy ! ;)

L

livo74

silylene":2kdfzfnx said:
livo74":2kdfzfnx said:
....refuses to let me download a single vid off that page. doesn't like me

I smell a conspiracy ! ;)

i wish i was that lucky!
;)

O

origin

Livo74, put your pointer over Magazine L and right click, select save target and download it to your desk top. That might be an easier way to see it. The video is also in a quick time format, so if you don't have quick time that may be your problem.

Latest posts