Moon Landings Faked? (and all other space mission fakery)

Page 40 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
M

Mee_n_Mac

Yuri_Armstrong":6wufg2me said:
It would be pointing to the ground and all bunched up ...

????

Why ? Remember there's a horizontal rod running through the top of the flag that holds it up and "stretched out".

A big problem with cosmored's "theory" is that there were plenty of other times when the astronauts passed near to the flag and it didn't move at all. If they were working in an atmosphere you'd have thought their wake(s) would have fluttered the flag on those occasions as well as the instance pointed out in this thread. Yet those cases aren't mentioned ...

A problem with the flag moving "theories" is that there are multiple, conflicting "theories". You've got people who say it was an errant AC unit that caused the movement and you've got others that say the set/stage was depressurized. Each detail is made up to explain some specific inconsistency in the "theory" but then isn't consistent with other events that need explanation. It seems to me that the whole Moon hoax scenario is that way as well. With all the differing flavors of the hoax "theories" I don't know what the HBs actually believe. Did the astronauts go into space or slide down some escape shoot ? Did we send and land unmanned craft to/on the Moon or did we bounce communications off the Moon ? Did we bribe/coerce the geologists who examined the Moon rocks or did we collect Moon meteorites from Antartica and pass them off ? Did NASA (et al) engineer and fly all the Apollo hardware or fake it and pocket the $$s ?

U

uberhund

The only authorities on the subject of lunar flag movement are the people who have actually been there and worked with the flags first hand.

There are 12 of these experts.

The rest of us haven't a clue and should defer to them.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

Mee_n_Mac":elix61j5 said:
Yuri_Armstrong":elix61j5 said:
It would be pointing to the ground and all bunched up ...

????

Why ? Remember there's a horizontal rod running through the top of the flag that holds it up and "stretched out".
Ah, then that explains it. My mistake.

A big problem with cosmored's "theory" is that there were plenty of other times when the astronauts passed near to the flag and it didn't move at all. If they were working in an atmosphere you'd have thought their wake(s) would have fluttered the flag on those occasions as well as the instance pointed out in this thread. Yet those cases aren't mentioned ...

A problem with the flag moving "theories" is that there are multiple, conflicting "theories". You've got people who say it was an errant AC unit that caused the movement and you've got others that say the set/stage was depressurized. Each detail is made up to explain some specific inconsistency in the "theory" but then isn't consistent with other events that need explanation. It seems to me that the whole Moon hoax scenario is that way as well. With all the differing flavors of the hoax "theories" I don't know what the HBs actually believe. Did the astronauts go into space or slide down some escape shoot ? Did we send and land unmanned craft to/on the Moon or did we bounce communications off the Moon ? Did we bribe/coerce the geologists who examined the Moon rocks or did we collect Moon meteorites from Antartica and pass them off ? Did NASA (et al) engineer and fly all the Apollo hardware or fake it and pocket the $$s ?

Yeah, I kept asking him to explain what he reallly believs about all of this but he just keeps posting the flag video, saying that one thing proves it was all faked. He uses that as a convenient way to avoid defending the many other inconsistencies with the moon hoax theory.

F

frodo1008

You know it is somewhat ironic that it takes twelve jurors to convict a criminal. And even then they must all be convinced that the criminal indeed committed the crime. The legal system can even go so far as to execute an individual for committing an extreme crime based upon this same system.

Now we have some twelve individuals that have all served their country very well (certainly far better than all of the "Moon Hoax" types put together), and are known for telling the truth as it is. And they ALL unequivocally state that they walked on the surface of the moon!!

CASE CLOSED PEOPLE!!!

Why don't the MODS just shut this useless waste of cyberspace down!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A

a_lost_packet_

cosmored":1khfpydb said:
Your "evidence" isn't evidence at all, just a few anomalies which have good scientific explanations.
I've never seen any Apollo-believers explain this satisfactorily....

linkylinklinklinkitylankityloolinklinklinklinklinklanklunklinkitylink <SIC>

Post another link again! I dare you! I double dare you! Post another link again!

pulp-fiction.jpg

Come on man, don't you have any of your own points to make? Don't you have your own insights? Why not explain "why" you haven't seen any Apollo-believers explain that to your satisfaction? Maybe, it's not their explanations that is the problem. Maybe, no explanation other than "it didn't happen" is one you're going to accept.

M

Mee_n_Mac

a_lost_packet":2v1cbnwp said:
Maybe, no explanation other than "it didn't happen" is one you're going to accept.

I strongly suspect you're correct (above). It's not for cosmored that I post in this thread, it's for any young fence sitters that may wander in that I try to keep the truth unobscured.

M

MeteorWayne

And frodo, that ^ ^ ^ ^ is exactly why this thread remains opened and pinned.

S

Smersh

Absolutely. We have to do whatever we can to show that the hoax believers' nonsense is exactly that - nonsense. Schoolkids could easily come along, read all their rubbish and leave with a totally distorted view of history otherwise.

U

uberhund

Smersh":2tohpb2p said:
Schoolkids could...leave with a totally distorted view of history otherwise.
I'm afraid it's already too late for that.

I had occasion last year to work with two recent graduates from prestigious US universities just hired into one of the largest, multinational corporations in the world. Both were born in the late 1980s; one from the US, the other from Nigeria.

Don't recall how it came up, but both, it turns out, took the Apollo hoax for granted and assumed the hoax was common knowledge. The were not just a little amused at my astonishment that educated people could believe in the hoax.

That's why I'm a little relieved that there seem to be so few hoax believers on this site. I suspect the rest are hanging out at http://www.still_living_at_home_with_mom.com.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

And cosmored, where in Luna did you get the idea that Noam Chomsky thinks the moon landings were faked?

S

Smersh

I have a feeling Cosmored posted his gazillion links on the previous page as a parting gesture and that's the last we'll see of him Yuri.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

Smersh":c6yxx0va said:
I have a feeling Cosmored posted his gazillion links on the previous page as a parting gesture and that's the last we'll see of him Yuri.

Then I guess that means we can finally put this 50 page tome to rest :cool:

S

Smersh

MeteorWayne":22usmrx9 said:
Wanna bet? ;)

Not really, but if we did bet I think you'd be glad for me to win it. ;)

Yuri_Armstrong":22usmrx9 said:
Smersh":22usmrx9 said:

Then I guess that means we can finally put this 50 page tome to rest :cool:

I doubt it unfortunately. There are quite a few more where Cosmored and Quantam came from, all waiting to come out of the woodwork ... :?

M

Mee_n_Mac

Smersh":3w0kjyo9 said:

In doing some research into this whole hoax phenomena I ran across his (Cosmored) footprints in a quite a few places. He's quite prolific, if a bit redundant, in his postings. But at least he's civil which is more than I can say for others.

I'd still like to put the nails in the coffin re: the Apollo 15 flag waving. The later motion can reasonably be attributed to physical contact, leaving the earlier "motion" to be explained. A Youtube debunker claims this is really an artifact of the video camera, "blooming" as Dave Scott comes into the frame. To me the early "motion" doesn't look like motion but something does change as the astronaut comes into the picture. I'll have to see if a "good" version of the video clip exists somewhere else other than Youtube. I'd hate to pay $85 to get the SCF version just to prove some HB wrong.

B

brandbll

Lately we've there's been a lot of talk about witches in the politics forum, the sister forum of The Unexplained forum. I wouldn't be surprised if witches have something to do with this whole hoax. Maybe these hoax people are being affected by the witch craft of that woman running for senate????

D

dryson

I finally had a few minutes to waste looking at these videos. The lack of understanding of scince was profound. SOme were so funny, I spit beer on my keyboard. SInce Calli answered most of the questions, I won't bother adding more. I fine laugh on the first day of spring!!

SOme were so funny, I spit beer on my keyboard
Drinking alcohol kills brain cells and diminishes the ability for someone to accurately judge and maintain a coherent thought. That's why Meteor Wayne is always putting everyone's post's down because he is drunk while moderating.

I still suppose that you believe in the Foam Theory just to try and sell your brand of alcohol?

D

dryson

The only fools that think the Moon landings were faked are those that want to believe that they were faked so that they can keep humanity down below them so that religion will continue to produce the lies of assumption while science builds the world around them and continues to prove what is real and what isn't.

B

brandbll

dryson":1np2py1s said:
I finally had a few minutes to waste looking at these videos. The lack of understanding of scince was profound. SOme were so funny, I spit beer on my keyboard. SInce Calli answered most of the questions, I won't bother adding more. I fine laugh on the first day of spring!!

SOme were so funny, I spit beer on my keyboard
Drinking alcohol kills brain cells and diminishes the ability for someone to accurately judge and maintain a coherent thought. That's why Meteor Wayne is always putting everyone's post's down because he is drunk while moderating.

I still suppose that you believe in the Foam Theory just to try and sell your brand of alcohol?

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost? If the answer is "yes," then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals, you may be a victim of witchcraft.

M

MeteorWayne

dryson":2h7y6qpi said:

First of all, that's an ad homenim. I'd be very careful were I you. You have already exceeded the permitted number of warnings before being banned, so you could be vaporized in an instant for any future offense. In fact, were it not for me, you already would have been banned.

Second, I don't "put everyone's post down" I only refute stupid ones.

WTH are you talking about. I've never said anything about "foam theory" whatever the heck that is...it must be one of your "made up physics" definitions.

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

cosmored":2uvwcx9e said:
What I hypothesize is that a fifty percent slow-motion was used in Apollo 11 to simulate lunar gravity. Later, they improved their methods of simulating lunar gravity and started using a combination of slow-motion and support wires. The slow-motion in the later missions might not have been exactly half-speed. It might have been sixty five or seventy percent of natural speed. It looked better but it was inconsistent with Apollo 11 footage. The inconsistency is apparent.

At around the 21 minute mark of this video the above footage from Apollo 11 can be seen played at double speed.
http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid= ... 5081757736

It can also be seen in this video at around the 30 minute 40 second mark.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 587487066#

(The above video "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon" keeps going on and off-line. If the above link is dead, click here)
http://video.google.es/videosearch?q=a+ ... unny+thin#

It looks just like movement in earth gravity.
--------------------------------
When the footage from this clip is doubled, the movements look unnaturally fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNLaUE

Here it is doubled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29WT2_y1-E

When the Apollo 11 footage is doubled, the movements look natural. This makes it very clear that they used a simple fifty percent slow-motion to simulate lunar gravity in Apollo 11 and a faster slow-motion (around 67 percent according to Jarrah White's calculations)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW31fOWzY-E

...combined with wire supports in the later missions.

I had to laugh when I read this. Let's see YOU try to jump 19 inches in the air with a 200 pound suit (plus body weight) in 1 gravity! :lol:

M

Mee_n_Mac

Yuri_Armstrong":3sgsh32i said:
I had to laugh when I read this. Let's see YOU try to jump 19 inches in the air with a 200 pound suit (plus body weight) in 1 gravity! :lol:

But you forgot about the wires man ! And the helium balloons on their ends that pulled the astronaut up at 5/6 of a G.

Can't see the wires you say. Well they photoshopped them out ! Yeah, that's the ticket !

Errr, there wasn't any "photoshop" back then you say ?!?

Hmmmm ...

Wait ... mebbe they took the soundstage to the top of a hollowed out mountain and dropped it, kit 'n' kaboodle, down a shaft, accelerating it continuously at 5/6 of a G. Yeah that's how it was done ! It must have been ... 'cuz of the deedly raydiashun.

W

warpfactor999

Is this the real reason why the "current" administration cancelled the future moon landings proposed
by the Bush administration....or was that all a "Bush wanted it to happen...so we should cancell it!!!).

With an executive order....of course.

And with a Forrest Gump accent...."And thats all I got to say about the Moon landings!"

And ByeBye....and BA BA Booey to ya all!!!

M

MeteorWayne

In 15 billion years, as earth careens throgh a starless void, it will still be going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on....

Latest posts