nasa's leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john_316

<br />the guy who worked for free.....<br /><br />whats his name......<br /><br />i cant remember his name....<br />

L

le3119

Clinton's guy Daniel Golden was a decent NASA chief, he had alot of spirit.

W

wvbraun

James Webb. <br /><br />Griffin (the current administrator) looks very promising as well.

E

erioladastra

Have to agree with Shuttle_Guy here. Goldin was more into things like logos then substance. I have to see I have never seen NASA so fired up and motivated as it is right now. Griffin has the potential to be, by far, that NASA has ever had.

L

lunatic133

Actually Goldin was hired during the first Bush administration, but Clinton liked him (or just didn't care) enough to keep him on. He was also kept around for the first couple years of the secodn bush administration before he was replaced by O'Keefe. And I don't think he was a particularly good administrator, but he was good at making sure that it *looked* like NASA was doing a good job. I mean, he had me brainwashed into thinking they knew exactly what they were doing, but then again, I was in middle school at the time, so what can you expect...<br /><br />It's popular nowadays to trash O'Keefe, but I think he did an okay job considering. He had a LOT of crap happen during his term that he got through reasonably well. The hubble fiasco has tainted his reputation which is sad, but I guess he did screw up that time. I definitely think that it was time for him to be replaced but during the three years he was administrator, he did an admirable job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts