New issue - responding to threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bearack

I've noticed today, an issue to where when I respond (actually on all threads now) that the text box is highlighted in blue. No big deal, but when I respond to post larger than the size of the box, I start my test but the page reverts up to the mid portion of the comment window, not allowing me to see what I'm typing. When I scroll down, I can again see my text, but as soon as I start typing again, the page scrolls back up.

What is causing this.

Using IE 8

D

doublehelix

bearack":2cxsdhx1 said:
I've noticed today, an issue to where when I respond (actually on all threads now) that the text box is highlighted in blue. No big deal, but when I respond to post larger than the size of the box, I start my test but the page reverts up to the mid portion of the comment window, not allowing me to see what I'm typing. When I scroll down, I can again see my text, but as soon as I start typing again, the page scrolls back up.

What is causing this.

Using IE 8

Do you have the compatibility view checked?

-dh

B

bearack

Will need a little help with that. Where do I check to see that?

D

doublehelix

When you're at a site, there is an icon just to the right of the address bar that looks like a sheet of paper torn in half. Click that and Compatibility View will be active for that site. It's also under the Tools menu.

-dh

P.S. your signature is not working properly - you'll need to add the http:// to turn it into a hyperlink.

B

bearack

doublehelix":g00eaulv said:
When you're at a site, there is an icon just to the right of the address bar that looks like a sheet of paper torn in half. Click that and Compatibility View will be active for that site. It's also under the Tools menu.

-dh

P.S. your signature is not working properly - you'll need to add the http:// to turn it into a hyperlink.

I think that resolved it... Thanks. I also corrected my sig line, thanks for that as well.

M

MeteorWayne

This comes up quite often, happened to me when I upgraded to IE8.

Because I have a silly streak, I created a note about it in Community Announcements, not that anyone ever reads them :)

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":2527ucku said:
Because I have a silly streak, I created a note about it in Community Announcements, not that anyone ever reads them :)

And here it is! Thanks, Wayne!

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts