Sci-fi weapons in videogames (Homeworld)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragonous

Just posting about the types of weapons in Homeworld. Even if some of the ships in the game are slow.<br />-ion cannons (seems like beam cannons to me)<br />-various turrets types (mostly energy type turrets)<br /><br />The hull design is interesting, but seems primitive. Has a basic backbone super structure and mounts for engines and thrusters. As well as a main generator.<br /><br />My ion type cannons (which is just still game theory) fires a large radius shot but takes longer to charge. As well as some other theories for improving the rail gun. Just having two electro magnetic field generators (one for the rail and the second to be a launcher). Would be good if there was a game that allows a custom ship to be designed or other ship the be altered, besides Star Trek: Starfleet Command III.

V

votefornimitz

Great game....<br />Thats how I think we need to stick to ship designs, same with the ships in Halo...Sturd, not with the weak-point clearly present in Star Trek...Star Wars is to exotic, but a Star Destroyer would be less bulky than Homeworld-type ships and therefore could be well suited for recon and exploration purposes... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts