Shuttle Real Time Air-Ground-Mission Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trailrider

I am hoping to see STS-125 launch, probably from the beach or similar place. The problem is that I like to hear pre- and post-launch audio from both Launch Control, Mission Control and air-to-ground with the astronauts. I won't have a laptop with me or anything like that. Is there any common radio frequency I could tune into on a readily available radio, AM, FM, whatever? If so, what frequency or local (Cocoa Beach) radio station might carry it? Shuttle Guy, you up on the internet? Would appreciate any help.

S

shuttle_guy

trailrider":1q0af7jr said:
I am hoping to see STS-125 launch, probably from the beach or similar place. The problem is that I like to hear pre- and post-launch audio from both Launch Control, Mission Control and air-to-ground with the astronauts. I won't have a laptop with me or anything like that. Is there any common radio frequency I could tune into on a readily available radio, AM, FM, whatever? If so, what frequency or local (Cocoa Beach) radio station might carry it? Shuttle Guy, you up on the internet? Would appreciate any help.

I do not know about the real time audio. I am told that there is normally a AM station with the slightly delayed audio but I am in the firing room so I do not use it.

As for the viewing site I suggest the edge of the river in Titusville since you will be closer than being on Cocoa Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.