Solar activity

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Do you know that solar activity has a huge impact on our technology. Our technology in space, to our technology on the ground, historical evidence shows the vulnerability of modern technology when confronted with high energy particles, a by-product of space weather events. Equally important is to remember that space weather has a global footprint, thus the damage is felt worldwide rather than local, much like an outbreak. Impact on satellites, aviation, power grid, navigation and communication systems have all been previously documented.

We are beginning to see the Sun begin its swing into more and more sunspots and general activity. It is predicted it will be unusually low in this cycle, as it was in the last. But super storms can happen, and have, during off-peak periods.

Reactions: rod
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
See here for more on this topic:

I found this information on the website of uk aerospace news And I`ve read there about the SWIMMR programme. The four year programme (2019-2023) is focusing on reducing the potential radiation hazards of space weather to satellites and aviation operations, mitigating potential space weather effects on communication and global positioning, as well as diminishing the potential risks of space weather to electric power distribution. Furthermore, the funding is part of the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF), which guarantees that the UKRI’s investment is in accordance with governmental priorities. Also, I found there an information with more details about the real danger of solar activity.