Space time

Jul 7, 2020
We often talk about space and time in physics. But what is time actually,it is only clock time or more ? . What is space ?

Reactions: IG2007
Jun 1, 2020
Space is what we call that which occupies the 3 dimensions we are so fond of. We often either find stuff in it or we put stuff in it. We thought most of it between stars was empty, but then came particle physics followed by DM and DE. They determined that both of what we observer and should be there is off by a factor of 10E120!

Time is enigmatic and not what we would like it to be, except when we travel to stars and experience less of it.

"We know time flies, but we can't see its wings." :)

Reactions: IG2007 and Chandra
Jul 24, 2020
We live on the planet Earth and therefore we have
our gravity-time and our gravity-space.
Other planets have their own gravity-time and gravity-space.
Without gravity space and time cannot exist

Reactions: IG2007
Apr 5, 2020
We live on the planet Earth and therefore we have
our gravity-time and our gravity-space.
Other planets have their own gravity-time and gravity-space.
Without gravity space and time cannot exist
Sorry but you have a misconception there. Gravity cannot exist if there is no time nor space.

As Einstein said, Gravity is the result of a strange geometry of Spacetime.

Reactions: dfjchem721
Dec 27, 2020
I have your answer Now no one else knows this Or will even be able to understand what I'm going to say And that is That time is the measurement of """EXISTENCE""" Of how long something has been around And space is the measurement of , distance How far something is , from something else These are the correct Interpretations of these two terms By experiments that I have conducted Cause I also wanted to really know What space and time really was And if they were really connected And how And that's what I found out
😉😉😉

ASK THE COMMUNITY