Space Tourism vs. No go at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ebub

I'm still a little on the ticked off side here. I've been hearing TOO MANY PEOPLE knocking space tourism. <br /><br />1. About 2/3 of people would like to go to space.<br /><br />2. We can't rely on governments to send us all. It's too darned expensive. (Duh!)<br /><br />3. Obviously, the only way left to get to go is space tourism.<br /><br />To me, this is a no brainer... But some people are arguing about it, like it's some kind of a sin for there to be private trips to space.<br /><br />It's just jealousy! They can't afford to go to space, so they don't want anyone else to do it, either!<br /><br />Get a grip, people! Nobody's getting hurt. Let the rich people have their fun. Through their efforts (and money), space travel will eventually become faster and cheaper and safer. Maybe one day (dare we hope?) safe enough for an "average" person to go.

Q

qso1

I can't say I have seen that much knocking of space tourism. Now there has been some realistic commentary on its feasibility but thats necessary to keep it in perspective.<br /><br />I've said many times that its going to take some kind of private industry/enterprise efforts to take over the tasks that have been proven to be clearly beyond NASAs abilities economic wise. So basically, I agree that space tourism should be developed and as with any new product, the rich have the money to buy it first...then when enough buying gets underway, the ticket cost in this case will come down which in turn will stimulate more tourism ideas. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

E

earther53

I haven't seen much tourist "knocking" either. I have a website dealing with the building of a Hotel of sorts in orbit around the Earth for those who will not only work in space (as they allready do) but also for those who will want to play in space. Just the fact that these things are even spoken of matter of factly is a great improvement in peoples intelligence level (on the average that is). Hell, even 20 years ago people still thought the moon landings were a hoax. The thing they fail to realize is thier "conspiracy" theory is based on the premise that there was only one moon landing. They allways forget that point. Yes, we went to the moon 6 times allmost 7(apollo 13). Even thought they did not land(Apollo 13) they did make it to the moon and actually had to use the moons minute gravitational field to sling shot back to Earth or they would never had made it back.<br /> Anyway, seeing as how the bible is naught but a story of ET visitation and it's effect on some very superstitious folks. I mean if you'd seen what Ezekial saw 3000 years ago....you'd have thought it was a "god" yourself.....lol...or was he in the dessert too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.