Feature This week's community question is about your favourite!

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

COLGeek

I enjoyed Babylon 5 and started watching it again on HBO Max. Of course, I am a Trekker and have watched and enjoyed all of the series.

A space-based show that I enjoyed, in its short run, was Space: Above and Beyond.

Earth 2 was a hoot.

The Netflix spin on Lost in Space is one of my favorites as well.

But who didn't like Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, and even Andromeda?

Far too many fun shows to just like one as the "best".

Reactions: Wolfshadw

COLGeek

I don't watch a lot of space television like some. Curiosity is always a beginning of a question. Looking at space in times, to ships that lately crash brings my attention... Travels to Mars of which is radiated more then earth by 100times. As I look at ships from movies, to technology of rockets... you all will only ever reach the outer edge...with a few to a dozen... But questions are how to make a ship to take 1000's to ships Millions. As the question from the ancient pyramids to the ships of water and flight... As I look at the past couple launches... No where close to fly 1000's to millions at a time... G-force...I already thought, to designs, thrusters and can take past to recycle, present day ways of forge to future ways of idea to know thought to dream, as question to way is designed... ROCKETS GO UP... SMALL SHIPS TAKE FEW... SOMETHING TO LIFT FROM ONE PLANET TO LAND ON THE NEXT...NEEDS BETTER THEN YOU ALL LOOK.... I bet Air, water, and environment ways takes bigger ship, more staff, and more life to farther then life has gone. Why do I care? I don't... I keep watching your rockets crash... I just figure to say.. the cool ships you dream gotta be built in space... a ship like a Arc... carries more....HOW?... Why would I ever tell...
Please start your own thread to explain how you would do all of this. This could be an enlightening discussion.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
The Expanse.

The most accurate in so far as contemporaneous physics and possible human adaptations to meet the posited conditions. It requires less leaps of logic to achieve the vignettes portrayed.

Remember.

Everything is impossible.

Until someone figures out how to do it.

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
I dont own/watch television, I prefer fact to fiction.
I enjoy both. I enjoy well written/produced SF. I read just about every about every science oriented magazine I can afford to subscribe, SA, Pop Sci, New Science, Cosmos, New Scientist and I make regular contributions to Science non-profits as well as science supporting charities. I have a science question that I hope someone can answer. Counter intuitively, planets closer to the Sun travel faster than planets orbiting farther out. My question, if you are in a stable orbit at 2 AU and you fire up your space ship engine pointed in your direction of orbit, would you move closer to the Sun or farther away? And why?

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
My favorite shows are all Star Trek series. I also enjoyed and continue enjoying the movies. I watched the 1st season of Discovery on Netflix while in Italy, and liked it. And saw the 1st Picard season while in Canada. Unfortunately, am unable to see 2nd seasons because I don't have All Access. Looking forward to catching up some day.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

Greetings and happy Monday, folks! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

For my part, I spent the better part of the last two days re-watching some Star Trek: Discovery (and still really enjoying it!) and FINALLY watching The Expanse.

So, I started wondering what everyone else's favourite space-themed show was. For me, it's a bit of a controversial choice. Star Trek: Discovery is on the top of my list. However, that's mostly because of its first season, which I thought was absolutely amazing!

So, let me know about your favourite space-themed show (or shows, if it's too hard to decide) for a chance to be featured in our weekly Forums round-up!
If I want fantasy I just listen to politicians talking.

I loved the old Buck Rogers series and Battlestar Galactica from the 70's. Looking back, the CGI was non-existent to poor, but as a kid...I was completely enthralled. Also, SW IV: A New Hope blew me away. Those Sci-Fi series and Star Wars really captured the imagination of all the kids of the 70's and 80's.

For me, some of the best script writing was part of Star Trek: Next Gen. The story lines on many episodes were so engrossing and mind-bending.

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
I loved the old Buck Rogers series and Battlestar Galactica from the 70's. Looking back, the CGI was non-existent to poor, but as a kid...I was completely enthralled. Also, SW IV: A New Hope blew me away. Those Sci-Fi series and Star Wars really captured the imagination of all the kids of the 70's and 80's.

For me, some of the best script writing was part of Star Trek: Next Gen. The story lines on many episodes were so engrossing and mind-bending.
I may date myself, but when you said "old Buck Rogers," I had a flash of Buster Crabb zipping around in a 4th of July rocket with sparks and smoke coming out the business end on Saturday mornings. But then again, I may date myself.

L9D24k8.jpg

For my part, I spent the better part of the last two days re-watching some Star Trek: Discovery (and still really enjoying it!) and FINALLY watching The Expanse.

So, I started wondering what everyone else's favourite space-themed show was. For me, it's a bit of a controversial choice. Star Trek: Discovery is on the top of my list. However, that's mostly because of its first season, which I thought was absolutely amazing!

So, let me know about your favourite space-themed show (or shows, if it's too hard to decide) for a chance to be featured in ou weekly Forums round-up!
LIFE
L9D24k8.jpg

So, let me know about your favourite space-themed show (or shows, if it's too hard to decide) for a chance to be featured in our weekly Forums round-up!
The best movies I really enjoyed watching:

Mars (Tv Series 2016-2018) the soundtrack is awsome in each begining episode I really felt that we will live one day in another world and space X with Nasa can do the impossible.

Life (2017): the Alien is awsome and so much Frightening Look.

Gravity (2013): This movie is gorgeous.

Interstellar (2014) the best of the best movies for Me and for my Brother Andrew.

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - I can describe these episodes in only one word "wow"

First Man (2018): This movie makes anyone go to the moon in his sensation imagination

Star Trek (All series): We were young in space and so much futuristic spaceships, aliens, life and technologies.

The Martian: This movie is so beautiful and fantastic I enjoyed it with my Brother. We dived deeply into space.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
i was just wondering with this fantastic accomplishment does nasa plan to use a rover helicopter to explore other planets or moons or to return to a different part of mars to explore mars furhter or other planets , maybe the moons of mars this rover is just so fantastic words can not express

Dec 4, 2020
Visit site
I am a real fan of all the Star Treks, but the episode I enjoyed the most is in Star Trek Voyager with its very credible female Captain. I became hooked with the very first episode "Caretaker". It sparked my imagination and prompted me to write my first Science Fiction novel. It too has a female protagonist.
I loved Janeway

Babylon 5. It's been described by some as "Shakespeare in Space." That may be going a bit too far, but it was a show that dared to be "big." Big ideas, big conflicts, etc. What was important to me is that they took the time for "slow" episodes where they developed the characters into real beings.

Mar 1, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

My all-time favorites are: Star Trek o/s through Voyager. I just didn't get around to the others that followed. Doctor Who, 4th Doctor was my 1st Doctor. And, as far as new series', I have to say, the new Lost in Space on Netflix, and, most recently, Debris on NBC. It's only a few episodes in, but I'm enjoying it so far. However, I could do without the relationship drama factor. I wish it was more like, X-Files, where it was hinted at and not part of the focus.

Latest posts