West Wing and the "other" orbiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

georgeniebling

I'm love to get some opinion about the recent West Wing episode and its "unknown" "military" orbiter ... could such a thing exist in a hanger somewhere? <br />If I remember correctly the body core for Endeavor was actually begin substantially before that Orbiter was actually built. <br /><br />note: x-posted from Missions and Launches

W

wmdragon

I wonder the same. who would have thought The West Wing would go from political fantasy to science fiction and end up with a thread here. it does present a very interesting and tough political/military conundrum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

Q

quasar2

we seem to have lost some pages here. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

Tell us what you think you remember about these pages. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

W

wmdragon

pages lost? on this thread? not that I remember, it looks just like it did last time I saw it (my first post here) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

W

wmdragon

maybe they moved here? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

Q

quasar2

thanks, wmd. i haven`t been a WW fan very long. when i have cable, i hardly watch networx. back to my original questions. is this in the Arctic? Vertical or Horizontal? i`m assuming a small crew here, w/ some cargospace. barring what i`d assume would be horizontal, this design is similar to Dark skies vehicle & Bova`s Manta. i`m trying not to repeat too much of my post over there. it would be cool to compare all 3 @ once. although i`m not sure Kinsman series was ever illustrated. & although the vehicle in "when worlds collide bears resemblence, she was a colony ship, but we`re talkin the 50`s there. since thread this was "launched", haha i was compelled to lookup DS episode which (& i`d forgotten just one season). but that fact made easier huntin. we`re talkin approx 1963, here. & actually now that i remember some of Kinsman Saga, about the same era. & just now i`m remembering my buddies playing metal gear 3 or 4 can`t remember which. they had an even sleeker vehicle of same Era! this was actually a Blackbird carrying a smaller craft, possibly glider! this was the metal gear game about giant russian tank thing which was supposedly able to go 300 mph. it seemed snake rode this lil glider into enemy territory. i tried to explain this to my buddies, but they were too much into the game to hear my aeronautical lecture. cuz @ the time the config reminded of DS & Manta. this was the little movie portion of the game, so one wouldn`t hafta play all through it to see her. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

quasar2

unfortunately they changed the bookcover of "Kinsman Saga", the manta was on the cover. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

quasar2

i guess i`l hafta huntdown an old copy @ library or bookstore. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cdr6

The story I got from a friend who works in the industry was that the the sub-plot line was lifted from an old Martin Cadin book "Marooned". Instead of the ISS the problem was on board Skylab... If memory serves the film version stared Gregory Peck, and a bunch of other now big names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts