Who'll take out the trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elwood

I first came up with this idea in the 6th grade, after reading a weekly reader report on the Japanese building a maglev train...I believe it was their first one. I am now 44, and over the years I have occasionally poked around the idea and sometimes actually devoted time and research into the designs and function of this process. What is this thing he's blathering on about, you might ask? Well it is a nearly autonomous material processing and waste desposal system, in geosynchronous(so, i can't spell) orbit! With electro-magnetic launch facilities, robotic tugs in space, a huge processing and seperation station in orbit, civilians running the whole show! I have over the years worked out a lot of details for this system. I personnally do not wish to benefit from this thing(monetarially, anyway) but an engineer might make a buck off of this.................any questians?

V

vogon13

Just don't affect my Directv reception, I have <font color="red"><i>PREMIER</i></font>package and 2 Tivos! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

Hey! Just noticed you're a quark!! Welcome aboard!! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

H

hiro2002

This method costs a cost very much, isn't it?<br />How much electrnic power is necessary to press trash to outer space from the earth?<br />And A flight object flying with Mach 22 will make dangerous shock wave. how do you think about it?<br />

N

nexium

We don't have strong enough materials to build a maglev track to geostationary orbit or anywhere else off planet. Neil

N

nexium

Dr Edwards is engineering a space elevator that is almost 60,000 miles long which will be stationary with respect to a spot on Earth in the South Pacific ocean. The Project is awaiting the availability of CNT = carbon nano tubes which are space rated and thousands of times stronger than steel. We may have a long wait. Neil

G

grooble

If the cable snapped it'd whip a great swathe of the earth, it'll never be allowed to be built.<br /><br />Or am i wrong?

N

nexium

If the cable snaps less than 60 miles from earth, the 60 miles will fall gently the Earth's surface, where humans will get horrible cuts if the wind blows the thread against their body. Streached across a road, high speed cars are likely to wreck as the cable likely will not break. Neil

G

grooble

The cables will be real thick though, folks will be squashed and ripped in two, you ever see die hard 3? the cables that cut that guy in half?

N

nacnud

Not the cables that I've heard of, they will be very thin. Thick cables would be too heavy. Only the first 10s of miles of the cable would make it to the Earths surphace, after that the cable would burn up in the atmosphere.<br /><br />See http://www.isr.us/SEHome.asp?m=1

J

jmilsom

Elwood, if you wish to graduate to <font color="blue"> proton </font> why don't you give us more details? How can we comment on a paragraph that may be taken out of any one of 100,000 SciFi books? Give us something to respond to, theories, diagrams etc... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jwsmith

elwood Writes: Well it is a nearly autonomous material processing and waste disposal system, in geosynchronous orbit! <br /><br />As others I would like to know more about this process. <br /><br />However as long as there is as little as 1% Earth gravity there are tried and true methods of recycling any type of waste. For organic material it would be biodigestion, for metals it would be solar powered smelting. What would make your system more appropriate or useful than these methods. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2">John Wayne Smith, CEO</font></p><p><font size="2">1000 Planets, Inc</font></p><p><font size="2">Http://www.1000Planets.com</font></p><p><font size="2">203 W.Magnolia St.</font></p><p><font size="2">Leesbutg Florida 34748</font></p><p><font size="2">Ph: 352 787 5550</font></p><p><font size="2">email jwsmith42000@aol.com</font></p> </div>

N

nexium

I agree, casting trash into space polutes space. Casting trash into the sun takes a lot of energy. Our decendents may be desparate for the raw materials that can be removed from almost everything we presently consider trash.<br /> At present, the value of the materials removed is typically less than the cost of processing trash, but we can expect to reach breakeven if we persist in recyling. Neil

L

le3119

Welcome Elwood! Could you maybe explain to us a little more precisely what it is you're proposing? Are you launching garbage into orbit, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.