Giveaway Win an Official Space Force Silver Coin!

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Let's be real. The USSF should be equal parts research and military. From a research standpoint work with private company's to develop new technology for the advancement of US presence in space. From a military standpoint remember when we were talking about deploying "star wars" I feel this plan is more possible today then ever. It's a deterant to the nuclear deterant. A step toward world.peace .

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Hey Y'all!! 👋

1. The space force should work on obtaining complete control of the sky's. Tap into spaceX satellites program and attach defences tools that can help protect the people of the planet from themselves and what could come from the sky's above 👽 just in case. Or whatever could be headed our way from deep space.

2. Development of new technology to use in space. (Space travel, tera forming, renewable resources)

3. On mars we should build a base with a telescope that can give us different angles to look at through telescopes 🔭 at the universe and create a better understanding of space and to begin tera forming Mars using high powered magnets to help protect the planet from the 🌞.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
What an exciting time to be alive. Just like how the Apollo missions inspired a generation to push the boundaries of exploration, Space Force will undoubtedly spark desire for curious minds and brave souls in this generation. I hope Space Force uses this opportunity to take us back to the moon and beyond. Space force should focus on lunar surface development and sustainability for life. Once achieved the moon can be used as a launching point to further destinations.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I would love to see the USSF explain to us about our two suns and Planet X. I find this fascinating and would like to know more about it, especially Nibiru, since it appears to be much larger than originally thought and why is it so close to Earth

Last edited by a moderator:

Fey

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
I don't really have any expectations for the Space Force. I do hope that they bring focus back in towards the excitement and discovery science and space offer together. I look forward to seeing what things we can learn. I hope it's more educational and scientific than grunt war machine poison that is typically associated with a branch of the government or military.

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
USSF main priority should be to conduct operations that lead to enhancing and protecting the lives of our citizens. This is a broad statement but a fundamental function of our armed forces is to protect our citizens and national interests from threats foreign and domestic under the framework of the Constitution.

There could be different focused offices like that seen in other branches - but designed and enhanced with the exploration, preservation, study, advancement, and utilization of resulting technologies and resources for the benefit of the USA and other countries. We are talking serious R&D into things like clearing the space junk, researching cutting edge propulsion/physics, researching exobiology (including tech to safely study unknown life forms), alternate energy production/storeage/use, metallurgy production in space, advanced life support systems, advanced physics regarding extra dimensional space/generation/uses to enhance safe space travel/exploration etc.

This would in turn make space a safer place to be for USA and human kind in general. Protection from extinction event objects would be good - what if a mission example of the space force could be to identify these objects and conduct operations to mitigate the threats?

The need for multinational support is evident and I think we could do this and benefit all participating nations even by exploiting natural resources in space such as mining asteroids (drone mining vehicle platforms?). The possibilities are many. The potential loss if not tried is scary - remeber, it is not if earth will suffer hits from asteroids but when and how big? If we can build a foundation of safe space operations to explore and protect for the benefit of mankind - what could be better?

Also - in my opinion we should base rank on Navy structure and fighting forces on Naval type organization. I am pro USAF, but I think it would be more natural to think of space as a type of ocean rather than our atmosphere.

Just some opinions. But preservation of our way of life and the worlds' seems like a good priority and start.

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
In the wise words of Tony Stark : What we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not, that's what we needed!

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
I think the space force should focus on martian and lunar speleology. The exploration and potential development of subterranean bases within the massive lava tubes on mars would accelerate colonization on the planet by lending researchers a more hospitable environment and a more shielded place to work within.

Last edited:
Reactions: vilhelmkb
Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
The United States Space Force should act similarly to the U.S. Coast Guard.

- Protect US commercial and military interests in space
- Aid safe navigation and communication in space
- Protect the US from threats from space, both criminal and military
- Rescue and safeguard all persons cruising through space
- Facilitate and conduct scientific research in space
- Safeguard America’s space ports, landing zones, launch facilities and reentry areas.
- Maintain US access to strategic and tactical areas and resources such as Earth’s moon Luna and all Lagrange points and important orbital areas.
- Maintain appropriate infrastructure, equipment and personnel to accomplish missions necessary to protect the citizens of the United States.

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
This is not meant to be facetious. USSF should work on infrastructure that will provide greater security in space. E.g., better ability to track satellites for traffic control and to understand what particularly aggressive nations are putting in space. Counterintelligence and ensuring everyone is following the international legal framework for space

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
USSF Should focus on harvesting energy from space. Developing a more efficient way to harvest energy from space will aid in the development of an independent spacecraft. Additionally, it should be exploring methods of propulsion that don't rely on combustion.

Finally, it should have satellites capable of destroying incoming asteroids.

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
In addition to the already established mission statement of the Space Force, I think they should focus on developing a reliable way to launch from the surface of Mars so that any colonization of Mars is not considered a one way trip. This would help to broaden the appeal of manned missions to mars and colonization.

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
To locate and acquire sustainable environments outside planet earth, while maintaining a positive relationship with all forms of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts