*WINNER ANNOUNCED!* Win The Ultimate Space Prize Bundle Giveaway from Space.com!

Page 10 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
My favorite vehicle is the Saturn V. I fell in love with the NASA program when I was 7 years old. I watched in awe with my parents when Apollo 11 landed on the Moon. My dream rocket to own was the Estes Saturn V. I wanted to build it and display it. I never did get one because dad said it cost way too much for a model.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
My personal favorite is seeing - and touching* - the Spaceship Shuttle Enterprise during the 1984 World Fair in New Orleans. It was (and still is) overwhelmingly beautiful and impressive by its structural soundness. I recalled how delighted I was when it was christened "Enterprise" as I'm a Trekkie. One can imagine how I followed its missions - as well as all other space missions.

It's ironic that after all those successful missions the Enterprise finally got a ding on its wingtip during transport past a bridge support on its way to a temporary port before its installation at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City.

(*During those golden years one was still allowed to touch historic icons, including the Liberty Bell when it was originally stationed in Independence Hall.)

Status
Not open for further replies.