You went to Mars in 2023

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StarRider1701

Titorian2044":dzvvhfqi said:
I know the egyptians never built the pyramids. According to the Lizarans a much older race built them who have since died of a mysterious plague that wipedout everyone on their planet. The pyramids are essentially weapons that destroy incoming asteroids or deflect them away from earth but they only deflect or destroy meteors that could destroy the world.

Ok, now I'm going to have to agree with CommonMan. It seems you've been watching Star Trek again. The pyramids have been examined by many people including scientists. They were tombs for the wealthiest, most powerful people on Earth at that time. Nothing more.
And obviously that older race was capable of space travel because they came here. Sorry, but no plague on a single planet, not even the home world of a race, can wipe out the entire species of a space-faring people. Did they not have colonies anywhere else? Colonies that should have been smart enough to quarantine themselves to keep the sick ones off planet. Sorry, but that totally rings false for several reasons. First, no plague is 100% effective. Second, as I said, there should have been those who didn't live on the home world or were traveling and were not exposed. Sorry, but there should have been many survivors - your plague story makes no sense. Perhaps the survivors are not the Galactic power they once were.
And it seems that future people don't think before they talk (post) any more than we do today! Did you really mean "destroy the world"? Because destroying a planet takes a bit of doing! Now the rock that would cause an extenction level event that would put an end to human civilization on Earth would be considerably smaller than one necessary to destroy the world. Did you mean "end human civilization"? On this site you do need to pay attention to your teminology and how you say some things. It would also help if you didn't say things that are obviously false.

It doesn't surprise me that future humans still discriminate on the basis of appearance. I fear that is one thing that will take the human race thousands of years to outgrow. If humans are discriminating against aliens because of appearance, then we are still doing that to each other as well. Perhaps not as openly or as much as in our time...

P

PiotrSatan

StarRider1701":27aoeggi said:
Titorian2044":27aoeggi said:
I know the egyptians never built the pyramids. According to the Lizarans a much older race built them who have since died of a mysterious plague that wipedout everyone on their planet. The pyramids are essentially weapons that destroy incoming asteroids or deflect them away from earth but they only deflect or destroy meteors that could destroy the world.

Ok, now I'm going to have to agree with CommonMan. It seems you've been watching Star Trek again. The pyramids have been examined by many people including scientists. They were tombs for the wealthiest, most powerful people on Earth at that time. Nothing more.
And obviously that older race was capable of space travel because they came here. Sorry, but no plague on a single planet, not even the home world of a race, can wipe out the entire species of a space-faring people. Did they not have colonies anywhere else? Colonies that should have been smart enough to quarantine themselves to keep the sick ones off planet. Sorry, but that totally rings false for several reasons. First, no plague is 100% effective. Second, as I said, there should have been those who didn't live on the home world or were traveling and were not exposed. Sorry, but there should have been many survivors - your plague story makes no sense. Perhaps the survivors are not the Galactic power they once were.
And it seems that future people don't think before they talk (post) any more than we do today! Did you really mean "destroy the world"? Because destroying a planet takes a bit of doing! Now the rock that would cause an extenction level event that would put an end to human civilization on Earth would be considerably smaller than one necessary to destroy the world. Did you mean "end human civilization"? On this site you do need to pay attention to your teminology and how you say some things. It would also help if you didn't say things that are obviously false.

It doesn't surprise me that future humans still discriminate on the basis of appearance. I fear that is one thing that will take the human race thousands of years to outgrow. If humans are discriminating against aliens because of appearance, then we are still doing that to each other as well. Perhaps not as openly or as much as in our time...

Not to provoke you again that you will say I have no life or anything, but I want to correct the part about Egyptians, so they were not tombs of most important people on Earth, but pharaohs and their family. Big ones for successful big pharaohs and tiny ones for their wives and kids which died in a tragic way(I am not sure about kids though, I am sure about pharaoh and wife, they were buried separately in other pyramids). The sarcophags which were dug underground or in a rock were for wealthy, important people who could afford it. Then again, there were mass "graves" which were not really sarcophags, but something of that sort, for regular people.

A

a_lost_packet_

CommonMan":16zjm8di said:
Do we have a (Flat Out Lie), thread so we will not have to wonder if it's true, or a lie, or the poster is really a certified nut case. :?

Yes, you're posting in it. :)

Oh noes, now I'm posting in it too!

S

StarRider1701

PiotrSatan":3i1qq257 said:
Not to provoke you again that you will say I have no life or anything, but I want to correct the part about Egyptians, so they were not tombs of most important people on Earth, but pharaohs and their family. Big ones for successful big pharaohs and tiny ones for their wives and kids which died in a tragic way(I am not sure about kids though, I am sure about pharaoh and wife, they were buried separately in other pyramids). The sarcophags which were dug underground or in a rock were for wealthy, important people who could afford it. Then again, there were mass "graves" which were not really sarcophags, but something of that sort, for regular people.

Really? Well, let us think about the world as it was 4 or 5 thousand years ago when those pyramids were built. Back then the Egyptian Empire spanned much of the known world. At that time, were those pharaohs not some of the richest, most powerful, most important people on the planet? Please tell me who, at that time, would qualify as being more powerful than a pharaoh? Or even AS powerful?

But we're straying from the topic. In his last post our friend has not only NOT said anything verifiable, but he seems to have made statements that appear patently false, or at the very least totally illogical. I'm awaiting his next post to see how he explains these apparent falsehoods.

B

Balthazar579

Titorian2044":4k8sv78m said:
Hi.

Look PiotrSatan, I don't understand why you are so offensive. Do you think that humans will still be developed this way in hundreds of years? Don't underestimate human spirit and capability.

StarRider1701, I was trying to say that there is discrimination on aliens done by significant minority of humans. Since they look different, there are many jokes about them. Here is some joke from my time you probably won't understand.

Q: How to annoy a Skaaran?
A: Say pussycat and run.

In 2029 nothing happens, except close flyby of Aphosis near Earth and media coverage about the end of the world that won't come.

It's the last paragraph. Older race. Plague. WHERE IS THE STARGATE!

T

Titorian2044

Lizarans are older and more advanced than we are, so they know some things we don't. On this you will need to believe, unfortunately, on "their words". Lizarans are friendly to humans, have two hearts( yes, that is correct), and look a bit like lizards, but much bigger than we have here on Earth. We usually communicate with them and species from other planets through GalaxyNet.

We still have factories but most aren't on earth (we need living space) because they are in space. Most things aren't built by androids but the dangerous stuff are. The most significant invention in our time for me I would say is the skin and bone regeneration which is if you get say your finger chopped off you can fit this device onto the rest of your finger which makes bone and skin grow back.

We still only use 10,79% of our brain but researchers are trying to get us to use more by hypnotism.

Anti gravity generators to keep our sky cities in the sky. This is the most complicated thing created by humans.

The Garden of Eden is a holiday planet where people go and relax (I aren't making this stuff up).

The common cold is cured. There is a new disease that comes out which is carried by killer bees and transmitted by those infected. It is along time away yet though, it comes when the only kind of bee there is, is a killer bee. The worst disease I would have to say is Epidermolosa but it is very rare but it makes your skin fall off. The Panda, all kinds of whales, all kinds of frogs, wasps and the harmless bee are extinct. We now only have killer bees in my time.

M

MeteorWayne

What a boatload of bad sci-fi. I mean really poorly conceived and written.

A

a_lost_packet_

MeteorWayne":3u5v7cx6 said:

Evidently, the public school system hasn't improved much in the Future...

B

believer_since_1956

To think I spent 15 years in the military to defend free speech..................................

S

StarRider1701

MeteorWayne":19mr4lu3 said:

I agree MW, bad and poorly written. In the beginning he was kinda fun to talk to, but now he's clearly just making stuff up. He's not even bothering to try to answer questions and the crap he is making up is just that - crap.

B

Balthazar579

Titorian2044":2p0rxup1 said:
Lizarans are older and more advanced than we are, so they know some things we don't. On this you will need to believe, unfortunately, on "their words". Lizarans are friendly to humans, have two hearts( yes, that is correct), and look a bit like lizards, but much bigger than we have here on Earth. We usually communicate with them and species from other planets through GalaxyNet.

We still have factories but most aren't on earth (we need living space) because they are in space. Most things aren't built by androids but the dangerous stuff are. The most significant invention in our time for me I would say is the skin and bone regeneration which is if you get say your finger chopped off you can fit this device onto the rest of your finger which makes bone and skin grow back.

We still only use 10,79% of our brain but researchers are trying to get us to use more by hypnotism.

Anti gravity generators to keep our sky cities in the sky. This is the most complicated thing created by humans.

The Garden of Eden is a holiday planet where people go and relax (I aren't making this stuff up).

The common cold is cured. There is a new disease that comes out which is carried by killer bees and transmitted by those infected. It is along time away yet though, it comes when the only kind of bee there is, is a killer bee. The worst disease I would have to say is Epidermolosa but it is very rare but it makes your skin fall off. The Panda, all kinds of whales, all kinds of frogs, wasps and the harmless bee are extinct. We now only have killer bees in my time.
Pics orit didn't happen.

N

NebularNeblactics

you didnt even mention the oil spill. come on now! Although i must say it interesting to read what this guy from the future types...crazy that the english language has not changed AT ALL in so many years :shock:

T

Titorian2044

Hi.

Much data from 21st century is lost in the future, so we don't know everything, just major events. Like you don't know everything from 14th century. English has some new words like "promine", "motronix", "antarim" but it didn't change much. Most new words we used from Lizarans, they speak language that has some simillarities with English. It seem like they have been here before, but we can't verify because it's is only possible to travel backward 700 years, travelling forward is impossible. This era the people are known not to believe things until they actually see them thats why this era hardly anyone believe in aliens because they haven't seen them.

Well, let me tell you something about the 21st century. From now until the year 2106 there will be so many changes that you won't know where to focus. We think this is the time of great advancement. You will get more spam in the future. In a mere twenty years you will look up into the sky and see ads for products in space however it costs a lot of money.

We have learnt to care for the environment and not be selfish. In schools instead of just focusing on many subjects you focus on one or two to make the information you know better so we advance more. If someone wants to be a therapist there is no point in teaching them maths if they are not going to need it is there? I would rather be really smart in one subject and stupid in others than be average at everything because you can't be excellent at everything can you.

S

Shpaget

Titorian2044":2akrdn0n said:
travelling forward is impossible.
No traveling forward? So, you're stuck here (now), right?
What's the difference between backwards and forwardsanyway? My forward is somebody else's backwards.

If someone wants to be a therapist there is no point in teaching them maths if they are not going to need it is there?

Yes, there is.

I would rather be really smart in one subject and stupid in others than be average at everything because you can't be excellent at everything can you.

So, what are you really smart at?

BTW, how do you lose information about history if you can visit it any time you wish?

A

a_lost_packet_

Titorian2044":uk5ki6ji said:
...In schools instead of just focusing on many subjects you focus on one or two to make the information you know better so we advance more. If someone wants to be a therapist there is no point in teaching them maths if they are not going to need it is there? I would rather be really smart in one subject and stupid in others than be average at everything because you can't be excellent at everything can you.

That's ridiculous.

Synergy is a part of learning. Besides, a therapist must also be intimately familiar with statistics. In order to do that, they must also know math. Multidisciplinary approaches are completely necessary.

Stay in school, learn as much as you can about as many subjects as you can. The future will be built by people who have done that.

S

StarRider1701

Titorian2044":1g40u03t said:
It seem like they have been here before, but we can't verify because it's is only possible to travel backward 700 years, travelling forward is impossible.

We have learnt to care for the environment and not be selfish. In schools instead of just focusing on many subjects you focus on one or two to make the information you know better so we advance more. If someone wants to be a therapist there is no point in teaching them maths if they are not going to need it is there? I would rather be really smart in one subject and stupid in others than be average at everything because you can't be excellent at everything can you.

So traveling back in time is a one way trip? You cannot go home again? Not sure why anyone except a person who is fanatical about a certain event/time period would do that.

A certain amoung of general knowledge is important. How does one know what they want to do if they know nothing about anything? Perhaps in future times general knowledge is less emphasized and specialty specific education begins sooner that in our times. In Europe many people do not go to "high school" in favor of technical education or apprenticeships, so that is not an unusual idea.

Why have you stopped answering questions?

T

Titorian2044

Sorry once again for not answering questions everyday, I am pretty busy so I come here when I have time.

One digression: When I came here I had track-suit because we thought that people wore track-suits, but it seems you only wear suits. Weird.

I think there was again a misunderstanding. If I want to return to the future, I contact my people and they beam me back. The problem is that with current technology it is impossible to go forward from my time to further future. We can return from 2687 to 2010 but we can't go from 2687 to 2800. I can only return to time when I was sent, but more forward is impossible.

Since I read other posts on this forum, I noticed author "cavesofmars" with his "21st Century Space Travel" thread and it is way too optimistic. There will be lots of changes in 21st century, but some things he is mentioning we don't even have in 27th century, and we are very advanced, mostly we can thank to Lizarans, without their help we would still be very primitive. Lizarans have better technology and more knowledge, but the most they keep "secret" from us, saying we must learn more to become "ascentrix"(their word for "approchable").

One interesting fact, the first person on Mars won't be man, it will be woman.

When the US admitt that they had known for a long time about aliens, England, Russia and most of Europe will deny that they knew anything and said that it was new to them.

We stopped world hunger with a little bit of communism, as there is enough food for everyone on earth we rationed it out. You had food tokens which were given to you once per week. You paid with the food tokens and money. This also stopped obesity. Your water resources won't be getting depleted for long. Stopping fires will soon be done with dry water saving more normal water to drink.

Z

ZenGalacticore

StarRider1701":2ukwojvr said:
MeteorWayne":2ukwojvr said:

I agree MW, bad and poorly written. In the beginning he was kinda fun to talk to, but now he's clearly just making stuff up. He's not even bothering to try to answer questions and the crap he is making up is just that - crap.

StarRider- So, Star R, was it not clear that he was making stuff up from his Opening Post? "Time travel became possible in 2041 because some scientists figured out how to do it..."

It's always been 'crap'. And if it's deliberate sci-fi, then why.... (nevermind, I'll ask MW that question in my next post.)

Z

ZenGalacticore

MeteorWayne":3ipht9xn said:

Boatload of bad sci-fi? How about a barge of crap!

And if it's poorly conceived and written sci-fi, why is it in the Unexplained and NOT in the Science Fiction Forum?

Just asking.

A

a_lost_packet_

WELCOME TO...

Uh... wait a sec...Science Fiction?

Hmm...

WELCOME TO SCIENCE FICTION!

Here there be sharks with lazer beams on their heads!

Shark_with_laser_beam.jpg

S

Saturnfly

Titorian2044":7dk8frtv said:
Hi everyone. President Obama talked about mission to Mars in 2030's, but the real truth is you "went" there in 2023. Many things in this decade will change on a way how you view society and space. In 4-5 years from now you will discover a new planet in this solar system which is not far away from home. I will not tell you much about near future, because it is important that everything is pure surprise. Time travel became possible in 2141 when group of scientists found a way how to do it. One more thing, E=MC^2 is not correct, because everything in space is in constant "accelerated" movement. I won't tell you the equation, but I'll give to your imagination to find the right answer. This is all what I am going to say. GOODBYE!!!

It's on the internet, it must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts