2010 U.S. Commercial Space Transportation Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

Thanks to both of you. It might have been posted around that date, but could be hard to find, and now is on my disk ;)

Z

zigi_24

I think I would be really good if manned spaceflight is moved to private sector. Like Continental Airlines, there could be Continental "Spacelines", alluding to airline companies which could make a deal with NASA for using their technology for commercial spaceflight. Sir Richard Branson is doing well with Virgin Galactic, but if we had more companies involved and hundred billions dollars invested in yearly basic, things would go much faster and there would be whole new era in manned exploration of space. ;)

N

neutrino78x

zigi_24":1wzgmb01 said:
I think I would be really good if manned spaceflight is moved to private sector. Like Continental Airlines, there could be Continental "Spacelines", alluding to airline companies which could make a deal with NASA for using their technology for commercial spaceflight. Sir Richard Branson is doing well with Virgin Galactic, but if we had more companies involved and hundred billions dollars invested in yearly basic, things would go much faster and there would be whole new era in manned exploration of space. ;)

That's exactly what Obama's Space Plan is supposed to do!!! Yet, many people on here claim that such an action would mean "the end of US manned space flight". :roll:

--Brian

E

EarthlingX

http://www.spaceref.com : Open Letter To Congress On Commercial Space
STATUS REPORT
Date Released: Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear Members of Congress:

We, the undersigned space leaders, are strong supporters of human spaceflight. We are writing to urge you to both (1) fully fund the commercial crew to Space Station program proposed in the President's FY2011 budget request for NASA, and (2) accelerate the pace and funding of NASA's human space exploration projects beyond Earth orbit.

These twin pillars of human spaceflight are each crucial to the long-term health of our Nation's space program. They are also interdependent.

More articles about this letter :
nasawatch.com : Commercial Space Supporters Respond

Status
Not open for further replies.