Curious Kids: We have been trying to contact aliens – but do they want to contact us?

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Different slant on a very old question.
i
Even IF there are any intelligent aliens within communicable distance, there is still the method by which we would understand a digital response.

If the method is easy, then why have we not received and understood it?

If difficult, then would we have understood it?

Its a lose - lose question.

Cat :)

Reactions: sam85geo
Think of language. i.e. Horses have their own language which humans can learn, and we can teach our language, to some degree, to our domestic horses. Without contact/observation/interaction mutual learning can't happen. Electronic signals representing natural numbers/ratios might be an exception that enables learning, assuming the same physical context. For all we know, some alien planet with sapient life may be dismissing as annoying static the garbled/space distorted transmissions of our annoying TV re-runs.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
We should never try to contact aliens. It's not safe. If they contact us replying is a good idea but you let sleeping dogs lie. Aliens don't mess with us because once they are spacefaring they have no use for our planet other than studying us. They get every resource they need from space. We know that there is life outside our solar system and that some of that life is spacefaring. Life on other planets has never really been a question. Whether they can come here is the only valid question and that question has been answered. We have been visited. Mars has alien artifacts. The government allows us enough information for those that want to know to know but not so much that those who don't want to know to deny it.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"We know that there is life outside our solar system and that some of that life is spacefaring. Life on other planets has never really been a question." My emphasis.

Is this on a galactic scale or every next door star but one? Is this just statistically, or with the confirmed belief of a conspiracy theorist?

Cat :)

Latest posts