Images of Mars

Page 37 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlb2

Post deleted by rlb2 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

E

exoscientist

Is that green in the original image?<br /><br /> Bob C. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

E

exoscientist

The APXS instrument showed Wishstone to be high in phosphorus:<br /><br /><br />PIA07191: Spirit View of 'Wishstone' (False Color)<br />http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA07191<br /><br /><br />Clay is known to be highly absorptive of phosphorus because of its<br />small grain size:<br /><br /><br />Reducing phosphorus in aquatic systems using modified clays.<br />http://www.eidn.com.au/phos98.html<br /><br /><br />This page discusses the absorption of phosphorus on clays and other<br />sedimentary materials:<br /><br /><br />13.3 Binding of phosphorus in sediments.<br />http://lepo.it.da.ut.ee/~olli/eutr/html/htmlBook_98.html<br /><br /><br />However, I've been informed that the APXS, Pancam, and mini-TES do not<br />have sufficient resolution to see if the phosphorus is concentrated in<br />the dark, smooth inclusions.<br />But perhaps the mini-TES could measure them if it were placed closer to<br />the target rock than is usually done.<br /><br /><br />Bob Clark<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

exoscientist

Wishing Well rock is supposed to be high in phosphorus as is Wishstone. Anyone have pics of it?<br /><br /> Bob Clark <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

R

rlb2

A

alexblackwell

what is the purpose of this thread and others of yours that are similar? Aside from the fact that your colors are garish, which, in my opinion, makes your processed imagery little more than abstract art, you seem to be offering nothing more than a force feeding of your own work ("Hey, look what I did!"). I certainly speak for no one but myself; however, to save bandwidth and disk space here may I suggest you avail yourself of the many free hosted websites and post your imagery there?

R

rlb2

"The Water Debate Still Rages"??????? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

A

alexblackwell

Well, I guess your <i>non sequitur</i> response shows that this thread and other similar ones are really nothing but an exercise in narcissism.<br /><br />Thanks. I'll avoid these threads in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts