Interesting Kolchak Night Stalker Timeline

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

endofrico

Do any of you guys know the make and model of Kolchak's camera and/or portable tape recorder? I'm interested in getting these (or something quite similar anyway) for a Halloween costume. Thanks!

A

a_lost_packet_

Well, if the story on this link is true, you probably won't be getting a camera anytime soon:

[url=http://www.flickriver.com/photos/49656291@N00/4181286968/:1v06j22f said:
Rollei 16 Camera[/url]":1v06j22f]
.. He always had his trusty camera along to get pictures of these monsters and the camera he used was one identical with this Rollei 16. For years, I just assumed he used a cheap 110 camera - one that I didn't think would be good enough quality for newspaper photography. Recently, however, I found out this was not the case. Now knowing that this little camera was one of the best of it's kind, I learned that it would have been quite sufficient for images that would be used in newspapers...

Though, I seem to remember a number of cameras in Kolchak's arsenal. Maybe the monster's only broke non-german cameras? :)

Add - Confirmed! It's a Rollei 16. Here's a pic with Kolchak snapping a shot of a scary monster with his Rollei 16! ;)

I loved that show...

A

a_lost_packet_

endofrico":28nxxdfn said:
The Rollei 16, eh? You. Are. Good. Thanks!

You're welcome! I think the tape-recorder was a micro-cassette, but I don't know the model. I didn't focus my Goggle-Foo on that. :)

A

a_lost_packet_

Found this bit of info on the tape recorder:

[url=http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Kolchak%3A_The_Night_Stalker:ufeu4uns said:
The Night Stalker[/url]":ufeu4uns]

...Kolchak recruits exotic dancer/pre-med student Louise Harper (Jo Ann Pflug) to assist him in tracking down the eponymous strangler, but he confesses to his tape recorder (Sony TC-55) that his interest in her is not limited to the story...

The Sony TC-55! ??

sonym.jpg

My Google-Foo is strong!

D

drwayne

In that time frame, most recorders were going to be old fashioned casette.

Funny story - many years ago I asked for a tape recorder for Xmas - very early 70's. I was actually
disappointed that I didn't get a real-to-real model, and was stuck with this new fangled casette
model.

What a putz....

Status
Not open for further replies.