Introduce yourself! (And show us your swag)

Page 11 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi! I am one of your new community members and my name is Lijalem (Lijom). I work at Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute (ESSTI) as researcher (Engineer). Space.com is my window to watch the whole celestial bodies and space related technologies. I participated in different projects (researches) in our institute. I was the first author to a journal about possible rocket launching site selection sites in Ethiopia. I have background in Mechanical, Aviation Power plant and Mechatronic Engineering.

We have a lot to catch-up things from this space.com.

We gaze the stars!!!

Here is our logo!!!

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Hello there,

I am a 39-year-old man who enjoys watching rockets launch into space with my three sons. It's amazing to see the progress we are making in space travel and to witness my children's curious minds pondering the possibilities. We also love watching the International Space Station (ISS) on clear evenings as it passes by in the sky and to track its path. We also enjoy watching the videos they post of their adventures on the space station.

Although I have no experience in the space industry, nor can I contribute to it in any way, I am happy to sit back and admire the work of those who excel in this field. So keep launching those rockets and don't give up, as it's only a matter of time before we see even more incredible things.

Thank you for allowing me and my sons to be a part of this journey.

Best regards,
Dave

P.S. Other hobbies of mine include collecting sports cards and coins. My favorite coins are my small collection of late 1800s Morgan dollars because you never know whose hands those coins have passed through to finally end up in your own.

Reactions: 6!9t!m3593cktr4m
Mar 11, 2024
Visit site
HI. I'm Sean. I'm a Texan. Now living in Missouri. I was a bullrider now a single dad of a 9 year old boy. I've always been interested in space and when covid hit that interest really took off because I had alot of time on my hands so I bought a telescope and started looking up. I'm here to learn a few things here and there.

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
HI. I'm Sean. I'm a Texan. Now living in Missouri. I was a bullrider now a single dad of a 9 year old boy. I've always been interested in space and when covid hit that interest really took off because I had alot of time on my hands so I bought a telescope and started looking up. I'm here to learn a few things here and there.
Hi Sean, cool hat. You must be a bad guy! Or anti-hero of sum sorts... 🤔 That is a great idea... there is way too much light and noise pollution where I live, or I would try and obtain a scope of my own... You must be pretty tough dude to be a bull rider... much cooler and braver than a Matador anyday! I thought I was banged up through alcohol but you must've had some nasty injuries from your profession... glad you are able to take it easy now and enjoy time with your son... enjoy space and discoveries Kirk 🙄 and Spock 🖖🏾

Mar 11, 2024
Visit site
Naw, I'm not a bad guy or anything. Actually pretty nice guy(most of the time). As far as bullriding, I didn't do it as a profession. I did it for fun. A little for money but mostly for the rush.

Mar 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone. Glad to see so many interested in spaceflight and the universe.
I'm Billy and watched all the manned s;paceflights during Mercury, Gemini and Apollo. (I'm 70, which feels weird to type.). I'm a writer and wrote a book "Apollo Moon Missions: The Unsung Heroes." Apollo 13's Fred Haise wrote the foreword for me.
A space fact that blows my mind: The Apollo 11 crew figured it was a 50-50 chance they would actually land.. It was so complicated, had never never tried, and, everything had to work just right. Yet, they did it( And little did anyone know, NASA had told Neil Armstrong if he wasn't able to land, they would send the crew back to the moon on the second moon mission. They didn't want him to think it was his only shot.

Happy to meet all of y'all.

Apr 2, 2024
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

Obviously, I'm new to the site, but I am very excited to be here. I am a Middle and High School Science Teacher, but I must admit that astronomy isn't my strong suit. I was looking for additional resources to help me make my Earth Science Class a little more interesting when I came across this site. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can and hopefully bringing a little oomph back to my classroom!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Reactions: 6!9t!m3593cktr4m
Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

Obviously, I'm new to the site, but I am very excited to be here. I am a Middle and High School Science Teacher, but I must admit that astronomy isn't my strong suit. I was looking for additional resources to help me make my Earth Science Class a little more interesting when I came across this site. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can and hopefully bringing a little oomph back to my classroom!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Welcome 🖖🏻😁🤙🏻

Hope you are inspired ✨️ and make new friends... 😁

Reactions: MAndrews

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hey everyone! I recently got back from a trip to Huntsville, Alabama U.S. Space and Rocket Center. It was amazing and sparked my interested. Glad to be here!
Welcome! When I lived there (2003-2008), that was the go-to place for visiting friends and family. I am glad you enjoyed it. Did you climb inside the capsule?

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
And now I'm back,
from outer space...

OK, not really, but I was a member (with this same name) and moderator under another name, way, way back when it was uplink before some of you were probably born. I've always been interested in space and astronomy, I'm a Taurus (j/k I know the difference between -onomy and -ology.) I've logged thousands of hours on KSP, a commercial pilot, flight instructor, former airport manager, and current business owner. If it leaves the surface of the earth, I'm probably interested. Had I known these were back up, I would have probably rejoined when they did, but life and interests had me doing other things. I plan on packing up the family in the Comanche and flying to Indiana to witness the Eclipse on Monday. If things go well, I'll have some pictures to put up. Witnessed the one in 2017 in Missouri and a smart phone and welding glass makes for some pretty good pictures and video.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
And now I'm back,
from outer space...

OK, not really, but I was a member (with this same name) and moderator under another name, way, way back when it was uplink before some of you were probably born. I've always been interested in space and astronomy, I'm a Taurus (j/k I know the difference between -onomy and -ology.) I've logged thousands of hours on KSP, a commercial pilot, flight instructor, former airport manager, and current business owner. If it leaves the surface of the earth, I'm probably interested. Had I known these were back up, I would have probably rejoined when they did, but life and interests had me doing other things. I plan on packing up the family in the Comanche and flying to Indiana to witness the Eclipse on Monday. If things go well, I'll have some pictures to put up. Witnessed the one in 2017 in Missouri and a smart phone and welding glass makes for some pretty good pictures and video.
Welcome back! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us in the midwest.

Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
hya earthlings my given nomdeplume is Martin I've always been fascinated with all things to do with our universe the paranormal, philosophy and everything that's scientifically unknown since as far back as i can remember and in all that time I've been bothered by fate

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
Hello my name is Christopher in english. My father came from Greece. He joined the US Army. He was in Aerospace and engineer later. He got very high honors in Lockheed Martin and work for the Apollo mission for quite some time. I wanted to follow on his footsteps. But what I do is I sit here and I try to help maybe I have my foot in the door in order to have an education. I really have an interest in air and space. And I have an interesting planetary in biology of stars and physics and how the black hole really is. Which is actually something I've already discovered. I'm currently a disabled athletes since 2010. I was in a serious car accident trying to get my grant for school. I was supposed to be enlisted in Tour de France. So what happened is that I'm still in the frustration but still thinking about how I still want to follow my dreams in space. When I was a little boy in Charlotte North Carolina I was sitting there watching Walter Cronkite in front of a television which today you don't see those televisions anymore. They're more intertwined into a hybrid computer. And a very thin screen. Not a piece of furniture made of wood with dials that you had to get up and literally turn on and off and switch to what channel you wish to watch. I'm a birthday baby of 1966. And 1969 began my first Love of every model of the Apollo Saturn 5 Rockets I've ever had in my collection. And things of Science Fiction which is Star Trek the Original Series. But I'm still trying to keep my dreams with space. I want to be there I even volunteered for the put my name when someone asked me to put my name on a Rover or some kind of scientific device going to the Moon. I still haven't gotten an answer when I mailed to NASA that I wanted to be a part of it. And did they ever receive my request as they put on the internet soliciting for people to give the chance to have something on the moon. It would mean a great deal for me because of my history of family of the US Army and NASA. And the US government. And the dreams I've always had since I was 3 years old. And the dreams I still had no matter how much people try to discourage me. I love everything about space. And I love the physics and things that I used to read in books. But those books are gone because they are no longer an interest in this world and I was hoping to change the minds of those who say everything is not real. Because I feel like they are the most amazing things in the whole world.

Hello everyone my name is Christopher I was born in 1966 when I was in 1969 I was with my baby brother we are watching the Apollo mission on television. My father was working for Lockheed Martin before and after I was born currently I still feel like you need to be part of this space dreams the dreams that I had my mind. When I first saw the launch of a giant rocket going to a long distance across between two major bodies floating around in a dance. I've only seen partial eclipse. 2017 I've seen a full eclipse. I've always been interested in space ever since I collection models of the Apollo Rocket and things that are related to space. And I don't mean just science-fiction alone. My first model given to me my by my father from his colleagues they got me a really large scale NCC 1701 and I was the most happiest little boy in the world for my birthday. When I turned 3 years old. I really enjoyed space a lot and physics and reading and hearing music. I'm still trying to help my dreams will not be diverted from people who think I cannot be a part of this Society. I'm not trying to give up either. I really love space and I really love exploration. I've always had that in me. I'm still hoping now that I'm older I might still have a chance to be a part of the community for NASA. Or some kind of program where I can be a part of it. Where I can actually literally be some help to people who have more knowledge and have degrees in science and physics and planetary mechanics and all the high science areas when it deals with launching up vessel or just a scientific tool to discover a different world. I have many paintings in my home and one of them is a Orion. The heart of the Lion. That's my nickname for the painting. It took me 2 months to finish. Placing every Star with different colors from oil painting. It sits over my father's hobby with trains and it's a very big painting almost 3 ft long. My other paintings are scattered around the home. But some have been missing because when you move there not respected to keep with the person who has it. But I really want to be a part of the community and I still want to have my chances of putting in my name on one of the scientific instruments going to the Moon as I was solicited to do so. And I hope to be a positive member in this forum.

Reactions: billslugg

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hello my name is Christopher in english. My father came from Greece. He joined the US Army. He was in Aerospace and engineer later. He got very high honors in Lockheed Martin and work for the Apollo mission for quite some time. I wanted to follow on his footsteps. But what I do is I sit here and I try to help maybe I have my foot in the door in order to have an education. I really have an interest in air and space. And I have an interesting planetary in biology of stars and physics and how the black hole really is. Which is actually something I've already discovered. I'm currently a disabled athletes since 2010. I was in a serious car accident trying to get my grant for school. I was supposed to be enlisted in Tour de France. So what happened is that I'm still in the frustration but still thinking about how I still want to follow my dreams in space. When I was a little boy in Charlotte North Carolina I was sitting there watching Walter Cronkite in front of a television which today you don't see those televisions anymore. They're more intertwined into a hybrid computer. And a very thin screen. Not a piece of furniture made of wood with dials that you had to get up and literally turn on and off and switch to what channel you wish to watch. I'm a birthday baby of 1966. And 1969 began my first Love of every model of the Apollo Saturn 5 Rockets I've ever had in my collection. And things of Science Fiction which is Star Trek the Original Series. But I'm still trying to keep my dreams with space. I want to be there I even volunteered for the put my name when someone asked me to put my name on a Rover or some kind of scientific device going to the Moon. I still haven't gotten an answer when I mailed to NASA that I wanted to be a part of it. And did they ever receive my request as they put on the internet soliciting for people to give the chance to have something on the moon. It would mean a great deal for me because of my history of family of the US Army and NASA. And the US government. And the dreams I've always had since I was 3 years old. And the dreams I still had no matter how much people try to discourage me. I love everything about space. And I love the physics and things that I used to read in books. But those books are gone because they are no longer an interest in this world and I was hoping to change the minds of those who say everything is not real. Because I feel like they are the most amazing things in the whole world.
Welcome to Space!