Introduce yourself! (And show us your swag)

Page 13 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Sep 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I'm Michael and new to this forum. I get excited about space, science, and learning new things about the universe. I love how science evolves our understanding of the universe. Some galaxies are 45 billion light years from ours. We believe nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, yet the 'big bang' occurred only 14 billion years ago. Hmmmm. Space itself must be expanding. Hmmmm.

Gravity affects light, yet Gravity only affects particles with mass. Hmmmm.

80% of the mass of the universe is dark matter. Maybe in lots of small black holes? Wow!

So much I have to learn.

Sep 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi folks, Stevie here!

Wanted to pop in and say hello to you fine people! I’m one of your new Community Managers. My background is in Scifi online games, I’ve been working with CCP Games on EVE Online and off since 2007. I was also part of the launch team and CM for VR rift launch title EVE: Valkyrie, worked with Star Citizen at UK meets and Insomnia Gaming Festival, which is a fun gaming event here in the UK.

In my spare time I enjoy streaming games, watching scifi and collecting supergirl merch. I’m also an ambassador for SpecialEffect, the gamers charity. SpecialEffect work with people with disabilities, developing controller set-ups, eye tracking tech and working with developers on accessibility in games (which is also a passion of mine).

I’m really looking forward to working on these forums, and chatting about Space and sci-fi in its many forms. I really enjoy working with passionate communities, and am 'over the moon' (Lol) to be able to be working with you folks.

Feel free to reply with anything you’d like me to know about you! If you wanna reply with your coolest bit of Space Swag, that would be awesome!

This is me in my Space Industries NASA jacket, which I love more then anything.

uZLSUMY.jpg

Fly Safe,
Stevie
Hello World!
You can call me Dmitri, though I was called differently at different places..
I was born in the middle of Soviet Union and was raised there and graduated in one of the best for that time 'Space related' Soviet State Universities..
But the Wall collapsed and I ended up in Boston, working as Software/Data/Process Engineer in variety of companies and industries.
I am 59 years old and have experience of teaching in skydiving and aviation.
My passion for the Space travel is still alive and my current quest is building a crew for a Spaceship which will fly 5000 years or more.
My believe is the technology and the hardware will be available soon. I think that the next challenge will be building a team capable of delivering the success even if it takes longer than 5 average human life's.
I do believe that this forum is the right place to search for people as crazy as I am.
Thank you

Reactions: billslugg

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hello World!
You can call me Dmitri, though I was called differently at different places..
I was born in the middle of Soviet Union and was raised there and graduated in one of the best for that time 'Space related' Soviet State Universities..
But the Wall collapsed and I ended up in Boston, working as Software/Data/Process Engineer in variety of companies and industries.
I am 59 years old and have experience of teaching in skydiving and aviation.
My passion for the Space travel is still alive and my current quest is building a crew for a Spaceship which will fly 5000 years or more.
My believe is the technology and the hardware will be available soon. I think that the next challenge will be building a team capable of delivering the success even if it takes longer than 5 average human life's.
I do believe that this forum is the right place to search for people as crazy as I am.
Thank you
5000 years? That is a substantial amount of time.

Welcome to Space!

Sep 9, 2024
Visit site
5000 years? That is a substantial amount of time.

Welcome to Space!
5000 is nothing compared to the infinity.
What happens when we finally start travel inter-dimentially?
We , as a society or species must overcome eventually limitation of one human life..
Am I wrong?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
5000 is nothing compared to the infinity.
What happens when we finally start travel inter-dimentially?
We , as a society or species must overcome eventually limitation of one human life..
Am I wrong?
Not wrong in terms of the length of a single human life.

I suggest starting a thread to continue your thoughts on this. This section really isn't the place for a detailed discussion.

Sep 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi All,
Joe Clark here. I am old enough to remember JFK stating “that we will go to the moon”. I watched our astronauts walk on the moon !!
I am so happy with what Elon and all you SpaceX have accomplished. I do feel we must become a multi-planet species, because earth will at some point, be hit with a planet killer asteroid. So proud that SpaceX has inspired competitors to also make great strides.
So happy to have joined this Forum !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts