Pentagon releases its long-awaited 2022 UFO report

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

COLGeek

Saw a tweet today where a reporter asked a question to a general who was brifing about their report on UAP. I didn't listen to the audio but read the tweet where the General evaded the question.
Not sure what that adds to the discussion, without the content referred to. IRL, I am often asked questions in a public forum. Some I answer. Some I don't. Context matters.

Some questions (when they have a definite agenda) can never be satisfactorily answered, so they tend to get ignored. I would expect any senior leader to be able to assess such a question.

Reactions: rod
The article stated 510 UAP reports see post #17. My problem, where is all the astronomical community observations of these objects? The amateur astronomy community is not shy, they would post all kind of UAP/UFO observations, at space.com and other sites - if they observed them. There are a variety of discussions at space.com forums on this topic, where are the aliens type reporting.

Since 12/04/22 thru 01/10/23, I was out 8 different evenings and spent 11 hours or more viewing with my telescopes. I enjoyed some excellent views of Mars and Jupiter; the Galilean moon events too. However, no dancing triangle shapes appeared while I looked at Mars or Jupiter or Orion and M42, and other wonderful targets in the night sky like the new comet, observed since 24-Dec, 3x now. If I did see a dancing triangle shape buzzing in the area of Jupiter or other objects, or some other object clearly not a satellite, comet, asteroid or jet flying overhead or the ISS, I would post a note right here at space.com and let folks know. Currently, observing with my telescope since 1991 and a newer model since 2018, nada, nothing.

Reactions: COLGeek
At any given moment there are about 5,000 airplanes in the air over the US. Each airplane must have at least 3 lights on it visible from 2 miles. White on the tail, green on the right wingtip, red on the left wingtip. There can be anti collision lights, landing lights, wing illumination lights, etc. Figure about 30,000 lights in the sky at any given moment.
Human observation skills are notoriously poor.
The first person to be credited with detection of ET wii receive immense recognition and boundless wealth.
Add human greed to the mix.
Stir well and stand back.

Last edited:
Reactions: rod

COLGeek

At any given moment there are about 5,000 airplanes in the air over the US. Each airplane must have at least 3 lights on it visible from 2 miles. White on the tail, green on the right wingtip, red on the left wingtip. There can be anti collision lights, landing lights, wing illumination lights, etc. Figure about 30,000 lights in the sky at any given moment.
Human observation skills are notoriously poor.
The first person to be credited with detection of ET wii receive immense recognition and boundless wealth.
Add human greed to the mix. Stir well and stand back.
Exactly. Now mix in weather conditions and celestial objects, along with the occasional drone, satellite, or other surveillance platform and you have the recipe for all sorts of UAPs/UFOs....and then there are weather balloons.
🎈🎈🎈

Reactions: billslugg
I was driving to work some years ago, early AM. Low on the horizon about 3 miles away was a classic UFO. Oval shaped, grey. It was moving real slow. Got up closer and guess what? ....Goodyear blimp. I was so disappointed.

COLGeek

Go here to see how many aircraft are in the sky at any given point:

Satellites...

Not of this Earth (stars and such)...

....mix in weather and atmospheric conditions and voila! UAPs/UFOs everywhere.

Not making light of this topic, but seeing something does not make it so (at least not what it more likely is than isn't).

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
To recap let us conclude that the US government is not taking UAP or UFO sightings seriously. There are 171 sightings that appear to be swept under the rug. Perhaps it was spoofing or it could have been equipment error. It may have been spy activity from other nations. Does this sound like definitive answers? After the very laughable 9 page report they initially put forth they are washing their hands in regards to the other sightings. Let us have a conversation about each and every sighting. Make it public. Let us decide what each and every sighting actually is.

The majority of us do believe there are intelligent lifeforms beyond earth. After all, we are here. We are not the center of the universe, as some would have you believe.

Jul 6, 2021
Visit site
A flesh and blood species that can navigate between star systems may not be impossible, but IMO very unlikely. I think it’s more likely another species may have evolved locally to some advanced staged, but even that sound crazy? We ourselves are rocket building primates but I highly doubt we physically will ever leave the solar system, our machines will be the explorers? Maybe advanced drones have been sent here from some distant place?
Totally agree! Biological species will not fare well in space. If we ever become spacefaring, it will be Homo Machinicus doing the exploring, per!
Homo Machinicus Evolution | Brian Allan | Flickr

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
A few thousand years ago Europeans did not come to the Americas. The challenges were much too difficult. The distances were too vast. We all know how that turned out.
In the words of the great American JFK "We do not do things because they are easy. We do them, because they are hard."

Nov 24, 2022
Visit site
The US government has always taken UFOs seriously but caught to distract us with misinformation and ridcule so that we don't take it seriously. Things are slowly beginning to change which is very positive. Time for some disclosure.

Latest posts