POLL - The Fourth Kind, Alien Abductions

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Do You Believe Alien Abductions Are Real?

• I know they are.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • It's possible, yes.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have my doubts.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • No way.

Votes: 26 33.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kelvinzero

old_buck":hsaqr6ow said:
Whenever I am confronted by a strange or "out of the norm" idea I always like to remember that for centuries Man held the common belief that the world was flat, and if you ventured out too far - - you'd fall off. All it will take is some tangible proof that is commonly available to the general public to change minds.

However it is worth noting that belief in UFOs is not a strange or out of the norm idea. In fact it is the opposite. It is a pop culture idea and just like urban myths has a life of its own outside any reasonable evidence.

An out of the norm idea would be more along the lines of believing that vegetables affect the outcome of elections via telepathy, manipulating us into creating more CO2 to feed the vegetable kingdom.

K

kristenwinslet

The possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is statistically plausible, (Carbon & Silicon Based Life).

The plausibility that extra-terrestrial life has and is visiting this planet is possible, (see Wikipedia: Einstein Rosen-Bridge & Faster-Than-Light). SETI Scientists should consider that these life forms are communicating via wormhole methods and NOT radio transmissions where we have currently been searching.

The possibility that some UFO Sightings and Alien Abductions are real is possible.

Seeing is not always believing; psychological conflict based on current social and cultural beliefs lead us to challenge our own experiences.

The possibility that we may one day uncover the truth, publically through disclosure . . . is plausible.

Kristen Ann Winslet
MUFON Field Investigator
Member #11236

L

lovespace123

Dear space.com participants, there is indeed life up above there. Thus, alien abduction is also true. Should we wait for our space scientists to tell us about the existence of life in the universe and their respective abduction? Please don't fool yourselves; they have a number of reasons to keep it secret.

By the way who says that science is the only instrument that gives answer to all puzzles, mysteries, strange occurrences and phenomena?
Please read selected books written on aliens and/or UFOs; listen carefully to some of those whose reports have been labeled as hallucination, day dream and rubbish for the very reason that they reported they met or abducted by aliens; read books critically on myths, legends, ancient gods and goddesses; then go through the very facts of the universe as proved by our scientist; finally try to blend all these information/facts together, you will come up with an answer.

For me, to ascertain about life in the universe, we shouldn't necessarily expect the existence of decisive elements such as oxygen, carbon dioxide, sunlight, water or you name it. Whether it is in the form that we know on earth or otherwise, 'life' definitely exists, at least, among millions of stars/planets. On top of that, a number of aliens from different planets are visiting us and when they found it appropriate they abduct-it is recorded and witnessed, but to no avail because we are told there is no evidence.

Q

QueenofHearts

Yes, i KNOW they are real. Have been abducted since age 4, milabs are real as well. You can read my posts on ufos about.com or on casebook. On about com, i had the nickname Jenetti. On casebook, i have queenofhearts. Thank God, the abductions have finally stopped, i am now 55 and for the last 7 or 8 yrs, they have left me alone. Read about my missions as well. Notice the date, way way back before Dollhouse and My worst enemy with christian slater were even thought of. Those are still not quite like mine. But they'll get it right soon, thats just as close as they can come up with right now. My missions started when i was a very young lady. They are noted on casebook. So theyre getting closer, just a bit further to go, but its almost like that just not exactly the same, downloading with info was different, much more in the future as those shows.
QOH

R

reapr

Re: POLL: The Fourth Kind, Alien Abductions

Antwerpo":h0vgduxc said:
I voted that I have my doubts. As for as our science go those abductions can't have happened. All stories so far are about creatures similar to our species, arms, legs, head, eyes. Why would a creature similar to us travel that far to do experiments. If those abductees had stories about robots I might believe it.

They do happen. When one of these creatures peer into your soul you will never be the same. It is like a bad dream and they never do go away. There were four of us that had an encounter one night so it was not a dream or hallucination and there was missing time. I would rather go up against a bear or cougar than have to face that again! The one we came up against almost seemed to be a robot but it was very organic. Laugh all you want ... it was very real.

They are interested in us like we are interested in chimps and gorillas because we share a similar ancestors though very distant. They have about as much regard for us as the typical scientist performing inhumane tests on chimps. Some of these things have 'some humanity' but most do not.

You can laugh all you want but I would never wish this on anyone. You will never be the same person once you encounter one.

R

reapr

Stargate_Man":ypitjqo4 said:
I have never seen an interview with an Alleged Abductees who describes seeing any kind of computer systems on these alien space craft. I can't imagine a space craft that can travel throughout the galaxy without a computer. Maybe the aliens are so smart they do all the math themselves, or maybe they have voice or even telepathic user interfaces instead of the traditional mouse, keyboards and monitors we humans use. Anyway the abduction interviews you see on TV always seem to describe something similar to a visit to the dentist.
Wow ... just because no laptop is flopped open or an alien is planted in front of a desktop ... proves their are no aliens interesting. If you saw them using a blackberry device or palm pre or an itouch would you still think the same. Lets assume their computers are much more advanced than laptops, desktops or crackberries then that might make them advanced ... go figure.

R

reapr

Re: POLL: The Fourth Kind, Alien Abductions

COTU":h26l57q5 said:
I had to vote no way for several reasons. First the distances involved, I am sure there is other life in the universe but it is way WAY over there. So far away that it would not be feasible to come here and why would they? Second is out of the millions of reports we have yet to have one iota of physical proof of alien visitation. There comes a point where lack of evidence becomes proof in and of itself. Lastly seeing is not believing. Remember that when you are dreaming you are looking at the insides of your eyelids even when you are looking at me you are not really seeing me you are seeing a construction that your mind creates based on the neural input from your eyes. This allows people to see a whole host of things that they do not understand, the best they can do is put their own expectations on their observations and then say “The aliens came to visit.” OOPS! I almost forgot how slowly we learn. We all just read the article about what lengths we go to not infect other worlds we are visiting with Earthly microbes. Go figure. Aliens come here grab our planet mates examine them with invasive surgical procedures and we do not contract alien H1N1? How does that happen unless “they” are genetically and immunologically compatible with us? No way, no way, NO WAY!

Interesting a very advanced life form traveling space how mundane. Think of all the possibilities. You may have limited these creatures to our own laws of physics. Thank god we limit them to our understanding of the universe 200 years ago!

I suspect they are time travelers or have found ways to travel dimensionally. Wait that's not possible those laws will not be created for another 100 years. Sorry my mistake.

Lets just make it real easy and limit their abilities to travel based on our current laws of physics and science and that way we can even just make it that much easier and say its not possible ... they don't exist!

D

doom_shepherd

What''s rarely discussed is the strong similarity between UFO abduction stories, and medieval descriptions of "succubi" and "being carried off by fairies."

And how similar THOSE stories are to the common phenomenon of "sleep paralysis."

So some point in the night, you suddenly wake up. You are paralyzed, can't move, can't speak, sometimes can't see, either. Your heart is pounding. You may not know where you are. You may have a distinct impression that something is there with you. Very often, you are certain that this something is sinister or malevolent. You may even see shadowy figures, and feel something like a heavy weight pressing on your chest. rarely, you feel as though you are floating, or being taken somewhere against your will.

If you dream before or afterwards, your brain may embellish the feelings even further.

400 years ago, that was succubi. Now, it's little green men.

But to me, it'll always just be my fairly frequent episodes of sleep paralysis. I hate them... but they don't convince me of the reality of Close Encounters.

J

jim48

Bumping this thread up because the movie The Fourth Kind opened today and got a scathing review from the Orlando Sentinel: "I am actress Mill Jovovich," the star says directly to the audience as she introduces her new movie, The Fourth Kind. And those are pretty much the last true words out of her mouth in this gimmicky, "Yes, this really happened" alien-abduction horror hooey, wrote film critic Roger Moore. To be fair I've only seen one newspaper today so why don't the rest of you good folks help out? Any good reviews? Have you seen the movie?

F

FlatEarth

Hi Jim. I did see it and started a new thread to talk about the movie as well as the cases that inspired it. I think it's worth seeing, for whatever that is worth. :)

M

mykemykemyke

POLL - The Fourth Kind, Alien Encounters

Funny that they even posted the poll here. We'll just have gather some credibility to those who said they have encountered aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts