Scientists Design New Space Currency

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadow735

OMG, this is a total joke, they designed money to be used in space and intergalactic travel when we haven’t even been back to the moon since the 60's, and we haven’t even been to mars? coins cutting people in space? Thats a joke unless you’re going to chuck a coin at someone in zero gravity. <br /><br /> Besides trying to make currency to be used in space when we are still in the "wading pool" is jumping the gun of stupidity.<br /><br />IF space travel becomes a common place thing most likely it will involve artificial gravity for ease to do daily tasks, not to mention to keep the bodies muscles up to shape.<br />My personal opinion is this is beyond stupid, especially at this point when only a few astronauts are in orbit once a month or so.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

thereiwas

Physical currency is so last-millennium. We need to be carting extra mass and bulk around just so we can buy a donut at the ship commissary?

P

PistolPete

That's what I thought. The only time I <i>need</i> cash these days is for soda machines.<br /><br />At the current rate of $10,000 per lb. using that kind of currency could lead to a situation where it costs more money to put money into orbit than the money is actually worth. Beyond LEO the situation gets worse. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

S

schmack

how do they know its the first of its kind in the universe? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="4" color="#ff0000"><font size="2">Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups</font> </font></p><p><font size="4" color="#ff0000">Gimme some Schmack Schmack!</font></p> </div>

T

thereiwas

Read much science fiction? In Heinlein's <font color="yellow">The Moon is a Harsh Mistress</font>the Lunar residents had to pay a tax for their <i>air</i>.

D

docm

A similar tax was levied on Mars in "Total Recall", adapted from PKD's "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts