search for an advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

artemiit

Hello <br /><br />My name is Carlo , I am a physician working in a high school of Orvieto ( Italy ) but primarily I am a space enthusiast and an “ amateur “ researcher .I have decided to ask for an advice .Some years ago I took part in an experiment searching for fractional charges ( quarks ) on ordinary matter and I had the intent to plan a space version of such an experiment . Recently I have realised a plan of a Cubesat-like satellite to made this experiment and I will present this plan in 21° Small Satellites Conference in Logan ( Utah ) this August . Now I don’t want my plain remains an unfulfilled dream and I need a financial backer for building and sending into orbit my satellites ( I expect an expense of 30-40000 $ for building it , ) that cannot be the school where I work . I have some names in my mind ( NASA , CNR , some university also not Italian ) but I wouldn’t known even as to contact them Now I see people very seasoned in space matters in this forum and then would you give me an advice ?<br />Sorry for my English and thank you <br /><br />Carlo <br />

V

vogon13

Shows promise, this one . . . <br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

H

heyscottie

If you do present your plan at a respected conference, and it is greeted with enthusiasm, I expect that you wouldn't have many problems in getting $30000-$40000 to build your satellite. That would just about be the cheapest satellite ever, by the way.<br /><br />If you are trying to get money to build it ahead of the conference, all I can say is you don't have much chance in getting a grant and using it in less than 6 months.<br /><br />You might try talking to engineering or science professors at some of the better American universities and see where it gets you. MIT, CalTech, University of Illinois, Notre Dame, University of Chicago, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts