Official Community Rules
Welcome to the Space forums!
Thanks so much for spending your valuable time with us today. It’s incredibly important to us to have the kind of community that works together to keep things on track. When it comes right down to it, we’re all in this together. With your help and support we can build something truly incredible!
Using these forums means you’ve read the rules and have agreed to be held to these standards.
Click here to learn some helpful forum tips and best practices, or check out our user guides to get the most from your forum experience.
- These forums are for the discussion of scientific discoveries and principles. Posts that turn away from those topics, promote science denial, or that steer the conversation to matters of religion, politics, or other unrelated topics will be removed.
- Do not harass, attack, or demean other forum users, including official staff. Disagreement is welcome, but different points of view can coexist without anyone resorting to personal attacks.
- Rather than responding to abusive or deceptive posts, please click the Report button under the offending post so Moderators can investigate.
- Hate speech is not permitted. Posting hate speech will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Don’t use our forums as a tool to promote your own personal products or services. Trying to drive our readers to third party sites will result in such posts being edited or deleted.
- Promoting or describing any illegal or illicit activity is prohibited. We will not allow the discussion of cracking encryption, piracy, or any other illegal conduct in our forums.
- Do not impersonate others in these forums. This could be another user, an influencer, a staff member, or any other person/organization.
- Do not discuss the upcoming US elections in our forums, regardless of the context. If a published article discusses an issue that involves politicians, such as new regulations, you’re free to discuss that as it would be considered relevant and on-topic.
- Any posts that veer into off-topic areas and are not relevant to the published article such as the promotion of any specific candidate or political party will be removed.
- Linking to files which contain viruses or malware will result in a permanent ban.
- Do not discuss moderator action, or attempt to re-open removed or locked threads. Removed or locked threads were removed for a reason.
- Email email@example.com if you wish to appeal a suspension, or if you have questions about the forum rules. Include the phrase "Space Forum Appeal" in the email subject line for easier tracking.
- Spam posts will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Don’t create multiple accounts for the forum. Using secondary accounts to bump your posts, or create the illusion of an ongoing discussion is not allowed.
- Never publicly post personally identifying information, such as your email address or phone number, and do not ask others for their personal information.
Appealing a Time-out or Ban
We will not allow public posts to discuss action taken by Moderators. If you wish to appeal any official warnings, time outs, or bans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So we can handle your appeal as quickly as possible, please include the following info whenever you contact our team.
- Username on the forums
- Include the phrase "Space Forum Appeal" in the email subject line for easier tracking.