Space the Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpaceGazer

<ul><li><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font size="3">Is space the final frontier or is it. After we conquered space will there frontiers or not?</font></span></li><li><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font size="3">Could the human race get so advance that we supersede all other races in space? </font></span></li><li><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font size="3">Are we, as a whole race, able to come together and conquered space or not? </font></span></li><li><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font size="3">Will there be peace in space or will there be fighting over who gets the planets? </font></span></li><li><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font size="2"><font size="3">Is space our final frontier?</font> </font></span></li></ul><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="2">http://spacegazer.info</font> </div>

S

StrandedonEarthsince1970

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Is space the final frontier or is it. After we conquered space will there frontiers or not?Could the human race get so advance that we supersede all other races in space? Are we, as a whole race, able to come together and conquered space or not? Will there be peace in space or will there be fighting over who gets the planets? Is space our final frontier? &nbsp; <br /> Posted by SpaceGazer</DIV></p><p>Well, first we have to colonze the moon and iner solar system, including the asteroids. Then will come the outer solar system. After that there's interstellar colonization, and there's a LOT of galaxy to cover. Then there's other galaxies. So yes, I'd say space is the final frontier, because there are billions of light years to cover.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em><strong>Now where on Earth did I park my UFO?</strong></em></p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Is space the final frontier or is it. After we conquered space will there frontiers or not?</DIV></p><p>I think that if we survive and actually conquer space, there will be other frontiers.&nbsp; Our technology and knowledge will make them accessible at that point.&nbsp; Personal, mini-universes perhaps? </p><p>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Could the human race get so advance that we supersede all other races in space?</DIV></p><p>Sure.&nbsp; After all, who say's we don't already?&nbsp; We could be the most intelligent and advanced species in the Universe.&nbsp; Odds are against it, but we don't have much of anything to base those odds on right now. </p><p>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Are we, as a whole race, able to come together and conquered space or not? Will there be peace in space or will there be fighting over who gets the planets?</DIV></p><p>There will probably be conflict, somewhere down the road.&nbsp; There always is. </p><p>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Is space our final frontier? &nbsp; Posted by SpaceGazer</DIV></p><p>No.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

W

willpittenger

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I think that if we survive and actually conquer space, there will be other frontiers.&nbsp; Our technology and knowledge will make them accessible at that point.&nbsp; Personal, mini-universes perhaps? Sure.&nbsp; After all, who say's we don't already?&nbsp; We could be the most intelligent and advanced species in the Universe.&nbsp; Odds are against it, but we don't have much of anything to base those odds on right now. There will probably be conflict, somewhere down the road.&nbsp; There always is. No.</p><p>Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br />Strangely enough, we currently know less about our deep oceans than Space. I suspect we may find similar frontiers later.&nbsp; If nothing else, we are going to have tech frontiers like the races for the first sentient computer (I would guess sometime in the next two centuries) and the first xettaflop computer (at the rate we are going, 90 years?).</p><p>In that regard, since you hinted at Star Trek, the smallest unit of computer storage mentioned in ST:TNG was the "quad."&nbsp; (One episode referred to downloading "gigaquads" of data.)&nbsp; Now one of my Computer Science professors who happened to be an ST fan called that garbage.&nbsp; But I wonder.&nbsp; Their computers might be based around a "bit" with four possible values.&nbsp; Hence the name.&nbsp; We already have the "qbit."</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

D

drwayne

<p>Time, the final frontier!</p><p>Wayne</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Z

ZenGalacticore

"Space, the Final Frontier?" There's nothing 'final' about it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>ZenGalacticore</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts