st remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtkirk1701

I have been watching and I have the original series to compare it too! and it is great. the phasers, the ships, the monitors, the color, the extra scenes. I understand that the full uncut version is way to long for commercals so they cut some of it out to fit the time slot. I guess everyone has already discussed this. Just wondered what everyone else thought???

W

willpittenger

Supposedly when the Sci-Fi channel aired the full series with Shatner as host, they restored some deleted scenes. Each episode did take 1.5 hours to play. However, by fast forwarding through commercials, I was able to play it back in barely one hour. If you drop the parts where Shatner is adding his tidbits, there was roughly 50 minutes. That's enough time for commercials in my book. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

J

jtkirk1701

I did not see that on the sci-fi channel. I wish I would have, do you know if it will air again??? I have been watching on channel 52 on sunday nights. With todays commercals the shows today would only about40 minutes long. I was surprised when I saw the gorn blink. I will keep an eye on the sci-fi channel to see if they show it again.

V

vogon13

In the remastered episode The Menagerie, I noted the attempt to blast through the Talosian elevator door with transmitted ship's power is still cut heavily. Also, the sound effects have been changed too. I didn't realize anything was to be done to the soundtrack.<br /><br /><br />BTW, is the voice on the communicator from the Enterprise in that scene Whit Bissell? <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

He played the commanding military officer on the Time Tunnel.<br /><br />His voice seems to be used in the Menagerie episode, and this would have been several years before Time Tunnel.<br /><br />Just curious.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

W

willpittenger

One of my pet peeves is how some scenes were deleted from ST:6. When I saw it on the big screen back when it came out, I remember a scene in which Chekov, as Chief of Security, objects to having Klingons on the bridge. To me, this was a major plot element. Yet, I have never seen that scene since.<br /><br />(To be fair, it seemed odd that the "Chief of Security" did not know about the alarms associated with firing a phaser at full power.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts