Not open for further replies.
E

EarthlingX

Yea, i saw this. I'm in awe :eek: :shock:

From Royal Astronomical Society :
“Catastrophic event” behind the halt of star birth in early galaxy formation
by Robert Massey
Tuesday, 09 March 2010
Scientists have found evidence of a catastrophic event they believe was responsible for halting the birth of stars in a galaxy in the early Universe. They report their results in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

Artists’ representation showing outflow from a supermassive black hole inside the middle of a galaxy. Credit: NASA/CXC/M.Weiss

FURTHER INFORMATION

“Searching for evidence of energetic feedback in distant galaxies: a galaxy wide outflow in a z ≈ 2 ultraluminous infrared galaxy”, by David M. Alexander, A. Mark Swinbank (Durham University, UK), Ian Smail (Durham University, UK), Richard McDermid (Gemini Observatory), and Nicole P. H. Nesvadba (Université Paris). Published online in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, DOI:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2009.16046.x (A preprint is available at http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.0014)

X

xXTheOneRavenXx

Could this be evidence showing that a galaxy does have size or at least density limits? and this is what happens when that threshold is reached? That is pretty amazing how explosions could go on for so long. Talk about chaotic, all I can say is..."wow".

Status
Not open for further replies.