First contact with aliens could end in colonization and genocide if we don't learn from history

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Not vague at all, as stated earlier, a general comment. Not directed at you or any particular member. Now do you understand? Trash? No.
If I may, I read your quote, and I had to think this over, but the Universe is everything, which of course would include imagination. Then I wondered how could my imagination possibly be bigger than the universe, when I'm unaware of 95% of the Universe, limited to .03% of the electromagnetic spectrum, that persuades me that, in trying to imagine something bigger than the Universe is - what is it called - circular logic? For example, my imagination is limited to some amount of "creative speculation" (my term) by my brain capacity, my knowledge, health, memory, DNA, etc. There is a limit to what can be imagined. That limitation, inside of me, is quite tiny; powerful, magnificent, but bigger than all that is? That's quite a stretch, for me. Your quote was provocative for me, and I thank you for the opportunity to give my brain a shake.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
A thought: What if UAPs are deliberate misdirection? Using holographic technology it might be possible to fool us either by an Earth Government or 'them'.
More likely "them". A means to challenge us to discover the capability we have technically.

It is not really possible to rule out any sort of interaction.

There might even be more than one extraterrestrial species/culture that is observing and/or testing us, and maybe with different motives. We don't even have a way of knowing if extraterrestrials from different origins get along with each other.

While speculation might seem useless, I think it does have the benefit of disrupting what could become "group think" about aliens' motives and probable behaviors.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
The Aliens are advanced AI. They are interested in studying the transition of Biological Intelligence to AI intelligence. To achieve this it is important that 'outside' influence is minimized. However, some AI civilisations find that humans can be useful in investigating at a deeper level than in distant observation.

The kindest approach is to extract those in immediate danger of death for off-planet breeding. Humans and their modified cousins exist throughout the local Galactic Group. There are, however, less convivial intelligences that utilise the nature of our 4-dimensional existence; 4 spatial dimensions in which one dimension hosts the Time Process.

The thing is that you can perm any three of the Four. Different combinations select a different dimension in which the Time process happens. Alternative combinations allow the physics of others to be manipulated. The results are clear to see in our everyday existence and not to be encouraged. So far they remain unacknowledged and long should that be the case, er maybe.....

or maybe not;)

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
There is speculation and then there is fact. Let's focus on the facts. Credible witnesses have seen on many occasions spacecraft that defy the laws of physics. What is the intent of Intelligent lifeforms? At the moment they simply wish to observe the human race. They wish to remain hidden which they are certainly capable of achieving. Their science is more advanced.

The authority on UAP's is both the DOD and the Pentagon. They have a continued history of lying, covering up and misdirecting the public as to what they know. This of course leads to all kinds of speculation, most of it is misleading. Most credible sightings occur around bodies of water. Navy pilots and commercial pilots appear to deal with this phenomenon at infrequent times. This does not account for all the occurrences that go unreported. The government needs to tell us what they know. We deserve the truth.

It would be an extremely rare event that a crash would occur involving a spacecraft built by an advanced species. The motive of the government is to reverse engineer such a craft. Is the government trying to communicate with other forms of intelligent life? If so, again tell us the truth.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Stop me if you heard this one.
One day a farmer was sitting on his couch listening to music. Suddenly the neighbor's kid comes running in.
"Mr. Jones we have to hide," Billy screamed. "Pigs are flying outside!"
Mr. Jones looked annoyed. " Go play with Tom. He's in his room."
Just then, another of the neighbors kids burst in. "Cows are flying outside with chickens Mr. Jones what can we do!?" He never knew young Mary to lie. He will have to tell his neighbor about this outlandish behavior.
Next the neighbor came rushing in. "Jones are you nuts? Take off those headphones, a tornado is almost on top of us."

There is no reason, not one good reason to disbelieve a credible witness. Every single person should believe a credible witness. It is common sense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts