Horror/fantasy/animation interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

Are the horror and fantasy genres popular enough to support their own forums? I haven't seen many postings (other than LOTR) in the Sci-fi area and didn't know if there is much interest in these topics. Also, is animation of much interest to SDC members?<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

J

jmilsom

I used to read a fair bit of fantasy, but went off it a bit as its hard to find really good books. Years ago I started reading that "Wheel of Time" Series. By about book 7, the lead character made me vomit and I tired of reading about which was the toughest old women that was the best at staring others down. <br /><br />Relatively recently I discovered JVJones and thought her work was a breath of fresh air. The characters behave like normal people, get on with their lives and responsibilities and don't spend ten novels lamenting their great burden.<br /><br />Animation. I am a great Jan Svankmaier fan. His work is brilliant. Anyone reading this - you must see Svankmaier's "Alice in Wonderland." With regards, cartoon adult animation - haven't really seen too much of it. <br /><br />Horror - never ever got into it. I find it generally tedious and predictable. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts