• Launch Day is nearly upon us! Head over to this thread and share your thoughts before, during, and after Crew Dragon finally lifts off.

Introduce yourself! (And show us your swag)

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Apr 25, 2020
Hi all, thanks for welcoming me, i love anything about space! especially things i can see from my back yard on a clear night. My wife thought i was weird for sitting out one night just to see the space station fly over. lol i had to tell her the difference from aircraft and orbiting objects, little hard to explain unless you can see the marker lights of the aircraft. hope to learn and see more, from central california. troy

Reactions: IG2007 and Dreckly
Apr 28, 2020
Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your welcome. I am a retired scientist and engineer, now returning my life experience and knowledge to the community to help advance key projects, and the main one for me is what has to be done to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050. At university I studied chemistry with astronomy as a one year subject which I have always found to be fascinating. During my career I have worked in many sectors of the energy industries, from an oilfield service engineer with Dowell-Schlumberger, to managing refinery production runs and ship movements with Texaco Europe, to marketing in the energy department of Dow Corning Europe. I believe that the Big-Bang was just another event in the life of the universe where energy was condensed into matter, matter which is recirculated back into energy, probably through a black hole. It is energy that is ubiquitous throughout the universe, not matter.

PS: I have looked at the forum rules and agree to abide by them

Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am Indian Genius (lol, I just gave the name because I hadn't got any other name in my mind). As my name suggests, I am an Indian. In August 28, I will become a teenager. I am a Space Enthusiast. I like to question everything, from RNA to String Theory, I want to know about everything.

I have a theory about Antimatter-Matter asymmetry, which you can read in the following mentioned URL. I know that I cannot prove my theory right now, because I don't have knowledge of formulae. I just made up the theory from logic. Maybe, you can find out mistakes in my theory, if you do, please point it out. I am a believer in Relativity rather than in String Theory.

I dream to study Astrophysics in Universities in the USA. I want to be an astrophysicist in the future and prove my theories right. By the way, I have been ranked first in my class for past six years.( I am not boasting) Hope if my dream comes true.

PS: The above mentioned URL: https://forums.space.com/threads/if-matter-and-antimatter-were-symmetric-then-how-do-we-exist.30740/unread

Reactions: Catastrophe
Apr 30, 2020
Will SpaceX please do something about the light streaking satellites that are Ruining NASA and pro astrophotography photos caused by your satellites.

Reactions: IG2007
May 2, 2020
Hi everybody out there!

I'm a faithful sceptisist who tend to read a lot of posts and articles on the web. I've always read a lot of popular science.

The Exoplanet Exploration Program has really blown my mind. Not that it didn't seem likely that that was to find, but that there now's evidence, still!

Also the Hubble pics were something else. It felt so right to me that this was what to see if travelling through space - not a spotty, black and white image.

In the early nineties i came in contact with the Nibiru x/annunaki theory, and since then it slowly grew on me, underpinned by the confirmation of the 10th planet's existence. But i not exactly sure which parts to buy and which to debunk in the vast clustre of theories baked into the main one.

May 2, 2020
Hey you guys, I'm Eatmyrubber1969, 51 years old and don't feel a day over 25 at least. I'm in to the multiverse theory if you like, I like to believe it is a fact. I love giving my brain a good exercise by thinking about the wonders of the cosmos. Or is it?? It may be a simulation.

May 3, 2020
Well, here's how it's come about, lockdown! My birthday is 22nd April, not a lot going on in my world that day. Until I heard a local radio station going on about a new satellite train. Wondered what that could be, a train in space!
Spent the rest of the day chasing links, hunting, watching, gawping (maybe a Devon word) downloading and generally blown away by what I had just taken in.

Late 60s, totally absorbed with Apollo program at age 9/10. Models, posters, moon landing live etc.

APRIL 2020, as if discharging 60 satelittes in one go wasn't mind blowing enough I then found nirvana in OCISLY!

Unbelievable, did I just see that? The footage of CRS-8 landing on OCISLY. Had to watch it over and over, 1st time thought I was watching a CGI animation of what things would be like in 100 years!

Discovered since then multiple camera angles on OCISLY and on board camera on 1st stage of later landings. Not quite the grainy moon landing technology!

Looking forward to next Starlink launch, Dragon etc and beyond!

Swag: No, sorry don't have any swag. Although I was not far from Leonora WA in July 1979. Sat out on landrover roof one night looking out for Skylab re-entry, worth its weight in gold they said. No joy there, but did go and see the Rawlinna debris a week or so later in Kalgoorlie. Have to say at the time I thought it was a hoax! It looked like a load of tin foil wrapped up in smashed up thin ply board tied up with rope.

Only recently noted the link between Falcon, Merlin and Raptor. Doh!! Gyrfalcon sounds good for something.
Questions to come up in other posts.
Tim

Last edited:
May 8, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm a young man interested in everything. I hope to learn many things from the AWESOME, kind people here! 😎

May 22, 2020
Dear Space People, greetings from planet Earth. My name is Ron Cole, I'm an old school special effects artist, all around creative person and a fan of both sci-fi and sci-real. You can get a better idea how my brain works if you watch an animated film I made titled 'In the Fall of Gravity' on Youtube. I'm totally into the sciences but be wary that I'm argumentative about black holes, the big bang and other debatable sciences and I'm a proud member of the Pluto Is A Planet society. But fear not, I don't throw tantrums about any of that stuff. :)

May 29, 2020
What blows me away is watching us land on the moon as a kid and then reading books like 2001 A Space Odyssey and then waiting, , , and waiting,,, and then celebrating 2001 new years and still waiting . .wait, we are not even able to fly to the moon anymore? . NOW FINALLY we are getting off this Earth and going somewhere and we seem to be doing it fast! Thank you SpaceX!

And may most politicians get a first hand experience of Dante's Inferno as well as all those companies out there taking millions and delivering everything late and badly.

Thank goodness someone is finally doing it ethically and right!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts