STS-128 (Discovery) Pre Launch Thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

There has been no repeat of the Fill / Drain valve problem that caused the scrub on Tuesday.

All valves are working perfectly.

There are no sensor issues either. STS 128 Discovery launch preparations are going very smoothly.

Tanking operations due to end in approx 1 hour & 25 minutes.

I am going out in a few minutes, but will probably check progress later if I'm not too tired.

Andrew Brown.

Earlier there were lightning strikes 4.8 KM, 7.1 KM & 7.8 KM from Pad 39 A.

It looks like there is a thunder cell to the south, but it is clearing up to the west & that better weather is approaching.

Andrew Brown.

V

VickiTN

Crew is boarding, everything looks good.

But there are a few storms cropping up west of kennedy. So far nothing of the magnitude they had the other night. But weather is "trending in the wrong direction" according to the announcer.

N

neuvik

Checking in here too hah! Turned on NASA.tv and I'm ready to go! Heres hoping the weather cooperates, and we get a nice lift off!

V

VickiTN

anyone have a link to the map that shows where this shuttle flight will be visible from on the east coast?

Looks like weather continues to clear!

E

earth_bound_misfit

VickiTN":2b6p3i8n said:
anyone have a link to the map that shows where this shuttle flight will be visible from on the east coast?

It was on the main SDC site just a couple of days ago,

N

neuvik

W00t Happy 25th birthday Discovery! Beautiful launch. can't wan't for the post launch thread, they have some ambitious EVAs.

V

votefornimitz

Just got back from Cocoa Beach a few miles south of the launch pad.
A really spectacular night launch.

M

MeteorWayne

Now that the launch has occurred, I will close this thread; please use Testing's post launch topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts