The Fate Of The Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plat

Is there anyone else (but me) that doesnt think the universe will never stop expanding, is the forever expansion basically standard or are there still people that are opposed to it.

N

newtonian

Plat - I answered in more detail on Ask the Astronomer. <br /><br />This is a duplicate thread.<br /><br />I will summarize only here:<br /><br />Our local section of universe is not expanding, but is on a river in space heading for a great attractor- and some 1000 galaxies are involved.<br /><br />It is similar the illustration of the expanding fine gauze at Is. 40:22 plus the bonds of Job 38:31 which either break or hold fast.<br /><br />Overall, the universe is expanding like a fine gauze with its threads and filaments the illustration suggest it will expand forever.<br /><br />Current scientific data supports this.<br /><br />However, with a literal expanding fine gauze, some bonds will break while others will actually recoil as a result.<br /><br />This is what is happenning.<br /><br />Contrary to the empty future some astronomers paint for us, our galaxy will first merge with Andromeda and later with many other galaxies over untold trillions of years.<br /><br />Rather than our future night sky being empty, it will be very exciting indeed, watching many dustant future galactic mergers, and the many new stars and star-forming nebulas that result (like the Eagle nebula, aka pillars of creation).<br /><br />And after that - who knows? Perhaps we will expand into another universe!

P

plat

but we dont really know what the fate of the universe is right? we dont really know anything at this point basically, i wanna know who is opposed to this "forever expansion"<br /><br />plus if the universe will expand forever wouldnt it need an infinite amount of energy

K

kmarinas86

<font color="yellow">i wanna know who is opposed to this "forever expansion"</font><br /><br />I am. According to my Cyclical <i>Multi</i>verse Theory, the concept of gravity is the basis for the illusion of an expanding space time. I posted many times about my ideas, but none one who looks at "Cyclic Multiverse" is able discuss about them since they are just ideas not touted as popular fact - so I'll have to leave it at that and refrain from the idea since no one here is able to understand my own theory as well as I have.

P

plat

Oh...so in the science world is this forever expansion basically standard or there are some (or alot) who dont believe the current evidence is enough to throw the cyclic universe theory out the window

P

plat

so the universe will expand into a state similar to the pre-big bang state....just gas

N

newtonian

Steve - You posted:<br /><br />The expansion of the universe is ongoing thruout the entire universe. Our local JW simply confuses velocity of our Local Group of galaxies towards the Virgo Cluster with the universe wide effect of expansion. Apparently he does not realize that within the vast confines of an expanding universe, whole galaxies can move in many different directions....<br /><br />Nice attempt at muddying the waters.<br /><br />The fact remains that our local section of universe is not expanding.<br /><br />Now, how about doing some research and posting the diameter of the area which is not expanding relative to our observable universe!<br /><br />I am well aware - as you well know. <br /><br />So why are you making such misleading statements?

P

plat

Well I think its settled that the universe, as a whole, is expanding...

N

newtonian

Plat - Correct.<br /><br />However, we live in the local section which is the best studied and is not expanding.<br /><br />It is actually awesomely complex. The overall pattern is like an expanding gauze with threads and filaments.<br /><br />Walls have also been discovered.<br /><br />And the local river involves thousands of galaxies and hundreds of millions of light years, a significant portion of the observable universe.<br /><br />Concerning this local structure, note this quote:<br /><br />"The Milky Way, Andromeda, and some 20 other galaxies are bound gravitationally into a cluster, all of these being only a small neighborhood in a vast supercluster. The universe contains countless superclusters, and the picture does not end there.<br /><br />The clusters are not evenly distributed in space. On a grand scale, they look like thin sheets and filaments around vast bubblelike voids. Some features are so long and wide that they resemble great walls. This may surprise many who think that our universe created itself in a chance cosmic explosion. "The more clearly we can see the universe in all its glorious detail," concludes a senior writer for Scientific American, "the more difficult it will be for us to explain with a simple theory how it came to be that way."- "Is there a Creator who Cares about You?", chapter 2 entitled "How Did Our Universe Get Here?--The Controversy," 1998, pp. 10,11<br /><br />Additional detail is in this article excerpt:<br /><br />"Still another problem for the big bang has come from steadily mounting evidence of 'bubbles' in the universe that are 100 million light-years in size, with galaxies on the outside and voids inside. Margaret Geller, John Huchra, and others at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics have found what they call a great wall of galaxies some 500 million light-years in length across the northern sky. Another group of astronomers, who became known as the Seven Samurai, have found evidence of a different cosmic conglomeration, w

P

plat

Isnt it because the gravity of the local area makes it not expand but the overall universe IS expanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts