The US Congress is holding UFO hearings this week. What might we learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Hopefully, that there is promise for green energy systems if we can open the science and technology to the world to research, harness, produce and distribute it ASAP.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It is only testimony. Words don't count when trying to prove ET. Only a physical specimen will suffice.
Exactly, especially when populist nonsense is spewing from the panel. Without real evidence, this is nothing more than more hysteria, hype, and fanning the flames of conspiracies.

Prove me wrong, I say, with something that would stand up to real science.

You know what the actual worldview would be: "So what! We've known since before recorded history of visitations! When do we go Space Frontier Age?! When do we break loose of and out of our imprisoning Dark Age 'Iron Curtain' Utopia (Dystopia)?!"

Frontier is a universal concept. Life trying to free itself, liberate itself, and expand out of the womb, the egg, out of one world to the next up, to the heavens, the far horizons, for its species prosperity and survival from mass extinction is a universal concept of life. So far everything concerning possible visitations point to mass bit by bit revolutionary / evolutionary uplifting, upgrading, to a future of Space Age rather than an imprisonment and slavery or mass extinction of Mankind.

Not that Complexity and Chaos, the conflicts, the wars, of ever branching revolutions and evolutions, of species will not find "Star Wars" aplenty out there in the Wild. The objective so far of few and probably accidental, incidental, visitations seem to point to, "There is plenty of room out here! Join the frontier fray, ASAP! whatever may come of it whenever you can!"

Last edited:
"When do we break loose of and out of our imprisoning Dark Age 'Iron Curtain' Utopia (Dystopia)?!" - Atlan0001

There is no ready fix to our society's ills. As an adaptive fix I have found vodka to be of great help.

Jul 24, 2023
Visit site
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

― Arthur Schopenhauer

Reactions: Atlan0001
Oct 10, 2021
Visit site
Public money pays these clowns ? Why don't they have better things to do than just add more fire to the monumental distraction since 1947. There ain't no such animal.

"A million times nothing is still nothing." - Every Math Teacher in the World
Except when it, the smooth nothingness (0), is all in one, all at once, point of everythingness (1), and a lot of leftover chunky, grainy, somethingness. A void existing to one empty head (not you, of course) . . . being a void filled to another [not so empty] head.

look to 'From a drop of water....' #122!

Last edited:
Reactions: billslugg
Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
What we have is what we have always had. The mirror. We can look at ourselves. We have built the ISS. A large spacecraft that has been orbiting the earth for years. It is our destiny to build other ships. We are a curious race that in the future will explore space, constantly searching for life and intelligent life. This is our normal path. If we are capable of this, so are others.
Two world wars were fought back to back, tribal warfare brought humanity to the brink of extinction, then there was peace. What exploded after this were sightings of UFO's or UAP's. If the military disclose the truth (very doubtful this will happen) we will be forced to look even deeper within the mirror. What we will see is the ugly side of ourselves. Perhaps it is for the best.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Yesterdays hearing was historical. The witnesses were very credible and mentioned they receive nothing for being 'whistleblowers.' We can all look forward to more testimony, as well as evidence in the future. We can now all turn the page in the understanding of this topic. The important event is the testimony being allowed to be shared with the public. This is the tip of the iceberg. As most of us suspected Intelligent lifeforms are observing us.
They do not wish to be discovered. They do not wish to contact us.
The reasons why are speculative in nature.
Humanity is dangerous. We have not yet evolved to be anything beyond separate tribes. War and poverty plague us. We do not take care of our planet, or our own. We must learn to integrate ideologies. Care for the most vulnerable among us, and our world. Come together as one race. The human race. In the future we may select a world leader from amongst our current leaders to run human affairs. Only time will tell.
Meanwhile, they are watching. You may not like it, but it is happening.

"We can all look forward to...evidence in the future" - Dave

Let us know when the evidence gets here. Meanwhile, this is simply people enjoying their time in the limelight safe in the knowledge they can never be proven wrong.

Sixty three years ago, in third grade, we put our chairs in a circle and played "Whisper Down the Lane". EVERY single time we tried it, a normal phrase would go in and gibberish would come out. This had an indelible effect on me. It is part of my skeptical nature.

Fifty years ago I started at P&G and was told not to waste my time working on a certain problem. Hundreds of people had tried and failed. We believed we knew why but it was not worth the expense/effort to verify it. I did not believe them. I mulled it over for 15 years. Developed a test probe that would answer the question. Bought the parts on an unrelated project, "borrowed" some parts from a storage area, went in after hours and took the measurements. It blew away their theory, a fix got implemented on all 27 machines for about $20M. It sped us up at reduced cost sufficiently to avoid $2B of capital expenditure for two years. The Chairman of the Board, John Smale, flew the Board of Directors to my work location, put me in a conference room and listened to me for 45 minutes. At the end, John turned to my boss's boss and asked: "How come we don't have more people around here like him?" The point is: Don't believe what people say, check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlan0001
"Grusch gave _evidence_ to the current Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (IC IG)." - comforteagle

“Grusch claims he has given Congress and the Intelligence Community Inspector General extensive classified information about deeply covert programs that he says possess retrieved intact and partially intact craft of non-human origin." - msn

He did not "give evidence". He claims he gave up the identity of a program he claims holds evidence.

This is more talk. No evidence yet.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
There is nothing more important than being skeptical, or wanting more evidence. All of us who believe 'we are not alone' have been calling for it for decades. It has always been the point. There is another type of evidence we have not seen yet. No one in the military is refuting what the whistleblowers are saying. We understand completely that thousands of credible witnesses are not enough.

Jul 30, 2023
Visit site
What utter nonsense. Assuming the nearest planet produced a species capable of space travel, they would still have to endure an impossible length of time, however it is measured, travelling to earth. And presumably they would want to return home once they have sucked our brains out and mined the planet of our beryllium spheres… It’s rubbish. The F18 pilots saw artefacts created by their aircraft systems . Beggars belief that the USA wastes time and money on such nonsense.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
A few 1000 years ago Europeans did not come the Americas. The distances were too vast. We all know how that turned out. Humans are both dangerous and warlike, because we are still separated into tribes (read countries) We will evolve. In time we will build more ships. We will search continually for life and intelligent life beyond our world, as we do today.
This is our destiny. We are one race. The human race.

It is our hope that we become 'one' as a race. We will have no need for social aggression or for war. Our military will evolve. They will do what they are destined to do. Explore space.

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
The chorus of voices calling for the U.S. government to spill the beans on possible alien visitation of Earth is louder than ever. But are we ready for such a revelation?

The US Congress is holding UFO hearings this week. What might we learn? : Read more
The issue of extraterrestrial visitation to Earth is a topic that has generated much discussion and speculation. While a number of people hold a variety of views about the existence of aliens and possible visits to Earth, there is currently no official, publicly available evidence that intelligent extraterrestrial life actually exists or has visited Earth.

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Space.com has been front and center in generating a lot of this discussion, providing the feed, as well as a wealth of information. It is time to give those of us who believe 'we are not alone' equal time. We have always believed in our views and agree with us or not, we have a lot to say. Those who believe 'we are alone' could listen to a thousand hearings and they will still dig their heels in the sand. Why not listen to a fresh point of view. What I am saying is there is a lot of evidence that intelligent lifeforms beyond earth not only exist, but have visited earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts