Feature This week's community question is about your favourite!

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 10, 2019
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

Greetings and happy Monday, folks! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

For my part, I spent the better part of the last two days re-watching some Star Trek: Discovery (and still really enjoying it!) and FINALLY watching The Expanse.

So, I started wondering what everyone else's favourite space-themed show was. For me, it's a bit of a controversial choice. Star Trek: Discovery is on the top of my list. However, that's mostly because of its first season, which I thought was absolutely amazing!

So, let me know about your favourite space-themed show (or shows, if it's too hard to decide) for a chance to be featured in our weekly Forums round-up!

L9D24k8.jpg

For my part, I spent the better part of the last two days re-watching some Star Trek: Discovery (and still really enjoying it!) and FINALLY watching The Expanse.

So, I started wondering what everyone else's favourite space-themed show was. For me, it's a bit of a controversial choice. Star Trek: Discovery is on the top of my list. However, that's mostly because of its first season, which I thought was absolutely amazing!

So, let me know about your favourite space-themed show (or shows, if it's too hard to decide) for a chance to be featured in our weekly Forums round-up!
So far I have enjoyed every single iteration of Trek that has been produced. Roddenberry has created such a wonderful and complete background that if a writer is even halfway talented, amazing stories of all kinds are possible. (I'm hoping a series based on Christopher Pike will be forthcoming. There's a lot of back history there before Kirk from TOS took over.)

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I enjoyed the first season of STD, but the second season was a bit of a let down. Season 3 is confusing at times. Star Trek Picard was much better. I just wish they would quit emulating Robert Heinlein, finding a magical source of free energy AKA spore drive. Give me a break.

Reactions: robertwelton3366
Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I would recommend The Expanse, and I think that you might agree, once you watch some episodes.

Reactions: kalinka
Oct 25, 2019
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I am a real fan of all the Star Treks, but the episode I enjoyed the most is in Star Trek Voyager with its very credible female Captain. I became hooked with the very first episode "Caretaker". It sparked my imagination and prompted me to write my first Science Fiction novel. It too has a female protagonist.

Reactions: garythomas452
Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I love sci-fi so this is very hard for me. There are many shows and movies I have enjoyed. I love all of the "Star Treks." "Star Wars" completely blew me away when it came out and I was sitting in the front row when the X-Wings did their thing. One of my favorite animated series of all time is "Clone Wars."
However, if I must choose only one then I think it would be "Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009).

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
I have to say I enjoyed the expanse, I watched the first few episodes at the beginning of my week off and all of a sudden I'd watched all episodes and can't wait for the next season.
The series seems almost a premonition lol

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
Babylon 5. While the CGI was janky, it was such a brilliant display of writing. All 5 seasons were written in advance as a single story arc, so you dont have all of this "make it up as you go along" stuff that you see nowadays. It is deep with politics, questions of identity and meaning, moral choices. They dont make em like this anymore!

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
Ice Pirates. One really strange fun movie from the 70's (I think). Also, any Gaurdians of the Galaxy series & Dark Star. What can I say, all my taste is in my mouth.

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I'm a big fan of all things Star Trek, but I also enjoyed the Expanse and an older show, Dark Matters. Recently I started watching Debris... its really out there and some similarity to the X-Files, which I'm also rewatching and currently on season 9.

Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

I really liked "Arrival" and of course, "Contact" which was one of my all time favorites!

Whatever else could it be but that sparkling quartet, the Trapezium. Embedded and setting the clouds aglow 'mongst and amidst the sword of our belted hero, Orion.
But for that nebulous M42. Birthplace of stars!
It would still appear as a reflection.

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

Firefly.

Growing up watching reruns of STAR TREK, I waited each week for a new episode of STAR TREK The Next Generation. Even months at time of showing.
Of course Capt. Janeway and her crew getting jettisoned to another galactic quadrant in Voyager held my interest. Followed by Capt. Cisco. Became a fan of Nana Visitor in Deep Space Nine.
Finally falling head over heals for Jolena Blalock in STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE. And yeah, I enjoyed Discovery, too.
But STAR TREK TNG was, is and always will be THE BEST!

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
There have been so many Sci-Fi stories brought to television and motion pictures. Each story is unique in trying to give us a glimpse of a possible future. I do like the Star Trek Next Generation... especially the instances when the Prime Directive comes into play. My mind really got taken for a ride on The Expanse... Earth, Mars, and our solar system... mixed with people, planet governments, distrust, greed, and oppression. Well that's enough.

Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
I don't watch a lot of space television like some. Curiosity is always a beginning of a question. Looking at space in times, to ships that lately crash brings my attention... Travels to Mars of which is radiated more then earth by 100times. As I look at ships from movies, to technology of rockets... you all will only ever reach the outer edge...with a few to a dozen... But questions are how to make a ship to take 1000's to ships Millions. As the question from the ancient pyramids to the ships of water and flight... As I look at the past couple launches... No where close to fly 1000's to millions at a time... G-force...I already thought, to designs, thrusters and can take past to recycle, present day ways of forge to future ways of idea to know thought to dream, as question to way is designed... ROCKETS GO UP... SMALL SHIPS TAKE FEW... SOMETHING TO LIFT FROM ONE PLANET TO LAND ON THE NEXT...NEEDS BETTER THEN YOU ALL LOOK.... I bet Air, water, and environment ways takes bigger ship, more staff, and more life to farther then life has gone. Why do I care? I don't... I keep watching your rockets crash... I just figure to say.. the cool ships you dream gotta be built in space... a ship like a Arc... carries more....HOW?... Why would I ever tell...

Latest posts