An obsevation about TNG and other closed Sci Fi series

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

I have noticed lately that the various networks broadcasting episodes of Star Trek TNG, Voyager and Enterprise keep re-airing the same dozen or so episodes. TNG was on for seven years and the others almost as long meaning there are many more available so why just show a few and repeat them?

J

JasonChapman

This is why I'm getting rid of Sky TV in the new year, its just the same old repeats over and over again. As soon as christmas is over and done with its gone. And its not just the Star Trek Franchise they're repeating. Channel 1, formally Virgin 1 in the UK seem to be obsessed with playing season 1 of The X Files over and over again.
The only reason I got satellite TV is because believe it or not up until just over a year ago we could only get four channels her in Abergavenny UK, 3 if you don't count S4C which is mainly Welsh speaking TV. Now we have been switched over to digital we can get dozens of channels, so there's no point in having pay for TV.
I'm going back to my roots, namley the cinema, and buying films on DVD.

A

a_lost_packet_

For awhile, SyFY was doing the Enterprise series in its entirety, in order. I watched a good bit of it that way. I don't know what has happened to the network now because I just don't watch it anymore. When the new Babylon 5 comes out, I'll watch that. Until then, I'll exist with the continually reinforced belief that the great majority of what they do is garbage.

D

docm

A straight-to-DVD B5 anthology series to soon start production in Vancouver.

A

a_lost_packet_

JasonChapman":jc1d9a71 said:
hang on a sec, they're doing a new Babylon 5 series?

Sorry, I was thinking of the new Battlestar Galactica series, not the Bab 5. Though, docm's info on that is much appreciated!

M

MeteorWayne

bdewoody":52ob1fyd said:
I have noticed lately that the various networks broadcasting episodes of Star Trek TNG, Voyager and Enterprise keep re-airing the same dozen or so episodes. TNG was on for seven years and the others almost as long meaning there are many more available so why just show a few and repeat them?

It's a fact of the TV biz. The syndicated series are sold by seasons or blocks of seasons. Like everything else, it comes down to money... :)

C

CalliArcale

Yeah; I'm sure it's cheaper to just buy one block and keep it in repeats than to do the whole series. It's kind of unfortunate, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts